• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - EQ Chat Colors Changed to Default (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,463¢
Just this morning, I logged one of my toons (and only one) in to discover that the chat colors all reset to their defaults. I have never had this happen before. Has anyone experienced this and what may have caused it? Or is it a EQ bug of some sort? Is there a command I could have fat fingered in by accident that resets the colors? I know there is a button in the options to reset it.

Last edited:
Solution
Just this morning, I logged one of my toons (and only one) in to discover that the chat colors all reset to their defaults. I have never had this happen before. As anyone experienced this and what may have caused it? Or is it a EQ bug of some sort? Is there a command I could have fat fingered in by accident that resets the colors? I know there is a button in the options to reset it.
Sometimes file locking happens with av/onedrive etc, or sometimes eq all loading at the same time that can happen with the eqclient.ini
Just this morning, I logged one of my toons (and only one) in to discover that the chat colors all reset to their defaults. I have never had this happen before. As anyone experienced this and what may have caused it? Or is it a EQ bug of some sort? Is there a command I could have fat fingered in by accident that resets the colors? I know there is a button in the options to reset it.
Sometimes file locking happens with av/onedrive etc, or sometimes eq all loading at the same time that can happen with the eqclient.ini

Solution
Ah, it must have been because I usually don't load more than 6 toons at the same time. This morning I loaded up 12, so odds must have gone up for this happening. Good to know. Thank you for the info!

Problem - EQ Chat Colors Changed to Default

Users who are viewing this thread

Back