• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

End game harvesting (1 Viewer)

Well if your a class that can fd i reccomend Blood Skull Valley: Maulics Revenge. Its the same zone thats in the GLS HQ. The nodes dont repop but I have gotten 3 to 4 rares at 1 zone in. You can zone in as much as you like. Also outside of Splitpaw around the spires there are tons of nodes. Outside of Nightblood Tower in Enchanted lands there are tons. and last but not least McQuibbles Farm in Antonica has lots of nodes and flat land. Other than telling you that I recommend that you get harvesting tools making you harvest faster. up to 3 seconds! Gluck

Also does anyone here know how the chance to get a rare is calculated?

I have noticed your chances are better when you fight mobs inbetween and if you take breaks and aren't harvesting everyday

So what are the varieables and such?

Basically, the way rares work on nodes is just a random chance to get one, some certain percentage each time the node is harvested. So the chance of getting a rare actually goes up the more the nodes are harvested.

I find that when I use a harvesting macro and let it harvest everything in the area, I tend to get more rares, than when I restrict the harvest to a specific node.

This is only what I observed, your mileage may vary.

End game harvesting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back