• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Request - Enchanter guide (1 Viewer)

mckonz

RedCents
110¢
Looking to equip a new enchanter. Using TBM group gear bought with remnants. What stats am I looking for? Highest AC type 9 augs? Highest Agi type 5 augs? I would imagine mana and mana regen won't be a problem. What previous expansion and old world items should I be camping to accumulate the stuff a career enchanter would have looted along the way. What type 7 augs should I be going after? I'm new to an enchanter, while only using as a support class in an MQ2 group for CC but now wanting to learn how to play manually as a main, possibly for raiding in the future. Been playing for 17 years but treat me like a noob when dealing with this enchanter stuff. Thanks

Caveat: I'm new at the Enchanter class. I've had one now for about 4-5 months, but before that I only ever used a well-equipped (raiding) bard. Now that I've had a taste of what a chanter can do, though, I doubt I'll be dropping him out of my main group for quite a while. The bard has been relegated to my DPS farming group.

I went with a mix of AGI and STA heroic stats on the Type 5's and your general DPS (more spell damage) Type 9's. With all the runes up that you should be using, the heavy AC Type 9 augs really aren't relevant. The goal of a cloth caster is not to get hit at all, which the runes are very good for.

The STA and AGI Type 5s make sure you get hit less often (when you do get hit), and have more hps available to you to offset AE spell damage. I recommend using those for Type 5's and then the normal dps (relatively balanced) Type 9.

As far as earlier expansion relevant gear, it really depends on whether or not you're planning on staying Prestige. I didn't see you mention that, but it will dictate what Type 7 augs you can use, and will also determine if going back to earlier expansions for clickies is worthwhile.

You may find these videos really helpful: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmnp3xFEMrCKiNpTprUAcQ

First you need to determine what kind of enchanter you are going to have: Puller, Tank, Crowd Control, All of the above, or simply a bot that stand in your group doing these things for you.

My enchanter is a puller and tank, I do pet charming, soloing, and basically hold the attention of the mob while others kill it. For this type of play style I focus on AGI and AC. I can pull about 4 yellows in TBM zones and take the hits while I get them under control (mezzed). Often chanters tell me they don't charm because they are afraid of what the pet will do if it breaks... well then, be prepared to let the pet hit you while you recharm it or something. Duh.

Mana used to not be an issue, but there was a recent nerf that makes the mana return not give us quite so much.

Here is a youtube channel that will give you a lot of good ideas about playing an enchanter and what it can really do if you put a bit of work into it: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmnp3xFEMrCKiNpTprUAcQ

Clickies I think are a must: Unearthed belt, Gorilla Wrangler's Staff, Boots of the Mosquito, Curious Companion Compactor.

I will have to update my magelo and look at the augs but: Shimmering Black Pearl, Jonas Dagmire's Skeletal Parrot, Artisan's Prize, Sacred Prayer Shawl, etc. Those are lots of work, but it will build your AAs and abilities as you work on them.

TBM type 9 augs: I use mostly Vengeful with only one Sturdy. Type 5 augs are AGI (Swiftness).

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks for all of the great information. Aug problems/concerns Shimmering Black Pearl is only during Anniversary? Jonas Dagmire Skeletal Parrot requires going back and doing all TDS progression? Artisan's Prize is awesome, but I haven't done any PoP progression or tradeskills yet. That would take forever Lol. Sacred Shawl would be doable but another long quest. Are most of your normal attainable augs based in AC and AGI or Int?

Yes all those "must have" augs are pretty hard to get. Though POP flagging for Artisan's Prize can be done in a few days, it's the other questing that is time consuming (tradeskills). Most of my augs are based on AGI, then AC, then Spell Damage.

Here are some of the augs I camped:

Condensed Desiccated Bile
Glistening Oil
Hypocricy - random drop from mobs
Incense of the Everliving
Predatory Markings
Rationalist's Sigil - for shield if you carry one
Sickly Distended Horseshoe
Speed of Darkness

Thanks for all of the great information. Aug problems/concerns Shimmering Black Pearl is only during Anniversary? Jonas Dagmire Skeletal Parrot requires going back and doing all TDS progression? Artisan's Prize is awesome, but I haven't done any PoP progression or tradeskills yet. That would take forever Lol. Sacred Shawl would be doable but another long quest. Are most of your normal attainable augs based in AC and AGI or Int?

Based on what eqgeek said, I'd be willing to bet he shoots for high heroic agility or balanced heroics. The augs he listed for you are balanced, but all balanced with relatively high heroic stats. If you wanted to camp "normal" augs, TBM and TDS are probably the expansions you need to be in.

My heroic AGI is capped out at about 1690. I can raise it a bit more if I get more of the Hero's Vitality done (which comes through special events, raids, AA etc). Now that the AGI is capped, I'm focusing on AC and Spell Damage. I don't worry about spell damage that much because when I solo I use a wiz merc and it does all the damage. You also have to remember that this is not a raid enchanter, it's just a group chanter. No raid gear, and if I were in a raid they may expect me to do far more DPS than I would do regularly.

Request - Enchanter guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Back