• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Earning veteran rewards (1 Viewer)

meeskino

RedCents
71¢
Hi,

there was someones post up for few hours only about getting your veteran rewards maxed out. It was about buying 1 year sub, then canceling it and continuing your regular sub. I tried it with my accounts. Bought 1 year, canceled, bought 1 month. Nothing in 2 weeks. Another account I tried to cancel current, buy 1 year, then canceling it and buying 1 month again.

Anyone got any infos about this trick?

Hi,

there was someones post up for few hours only about getting your veteran rewards maxed out. It was about buying 1 year sub, then canceling it and continuing your regular sub. I tried it with my accounts. Bought 1 year, canceled, bought 1 month. Nothing in 2 weeks. Another account I tried to cancel current, buy 1 year, then canceling it and buying 1 month again.

Anyone got any infos about this trick?

Sorry but posting things like this only leads to it getting nerfed in the long run. You are better off perhaps sending a PM to the person that posted it. Really though stuff like this goes way beyond EULA and could result in perma bans if caught.

It's buying two years and canceling, not one. But yes, this can definitely get you banned, it's an exploit in the billing system. You sub for two years, immediately cancel, then sub for one month or whatever your current plan is, when your card gets charged the re-up you will have two years of veteran rewards for every time you did it. After some discussion, we decided that this wasn't against any law, so it was ok posting again. But be warned, this WILL get you banned if you get caught, plain and simple.

*edit* You HAVE to have a current subscription for this to work, otherwise you WILL get charged for two years if your account isn't active *edit*

Oh, and SOE does, in fact, know about this bug, so don't expect it to be around much longer. It's been posted several times on their forums and swiftly removed.

May have. They've known about it for at least 2 months that I know of, possibly longer. Wouldn't doubt if they patched it by now.

True. Need to wait until at least 1 billing period cycles until it kicks in. I was undecided about a year ago about coming back after I had renewed for a month, I started thinking maybe next period I would do it for 2 years, then canceled, then I went back to a month, then decided to try 1 year and canceled again. When my billing period came up I noticed I got 3 years veteran rewards given to me. Closest friends only I told, and for the most part I think it was understood, if kept quiet we'd be able to have all our accounts maxxed.

Did this several months ago but you'd have to be crazy to try it now - they FOR SURE know about it and will probably not hesitate to drop the ban hammer. They don't fuck around with billing exploits.

Earning veteran rewards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back