• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - DX11 and vulkan? (1 Viewer)

grimmier

Tinkerer
RedCents
1,851¢
Has anyone tried using Vulkan DXVK dll in place of the windows DX11 dll on live?

I know the DXVK DX9 dll works great on EMU. (have to use the 64 bit dll not the 32 bit one)

Just curious if it helps. as i sit here and redownload a live client for testing purposes.

Vulkan is the DX implementation that Steam uses with Proton for linux but the Dll.s will work on Windows, and sometimes with better performance.

I was able to get the dll's to work on live. It appears the folders in the latest release are backward. so the x64 is really 32bit dll's and x32 has the 64 bit dll's.

the github repo is here if anyone was interested in seeing how it performs.

Vulkan is the DX implementation that Steam uses with Proton for linux but the Dll.s will work on Windows, and sometimes with better performance.

I was able to get the dll's to work on live. It appears the folders in the latest release are backward. so the x64 is really 32bit dll's and x32 has the 64 bit dll's.

the github repo is here if anyone was interested in seeing how it performs.

I will preface this with saying my little Joker card says "Hi, I am a bonehead. Please return card."

From what little I understood on the Github page, but also you stating, so this DLL, is for use for WINE OS and allows Steam (windows )games to run with the DLL actng as a 'better' DX11 type thing?
AND....this is potentially usable for non Steam users on regualr Windows computers, like me and potentially run DX 11 stuff better.
Or am I way off on both things?

I will preface this with saying my little Joker card says "Hi, I am a bonehead. Please return card."

From what little I understood on the Github page, but also you stating, so this DLL, is for use for WINE OS and allows Steam (windows )games to run with the DLL actng as a 'better' DX11 type thing?
AND....this is potentially usable for non Steam users on regualr Windows computers, like me and potentially run DX 11 stuff better.
Or am I way off on both things?
potentially is the key here.

still really depends on the game in question, and the system in use.

but on that note. the 32bit dll works great on EMU.

Haven't had a d3d error since switching that one out.
Just started testing on live. so not certain how that will work.

using a Legion Laptop with a Ryzen 7 and a nvidia 4070

so far both onboard and dedicated run well.

but on that note. the 32bit dll works great on EMU.

Haven't had a d3d error since switching that one out.
Just started testing on live. so not certain how that will work.

using a Legion Laptop with a Ryzen 7 and a nvidia 4070

so far both onboard and dedicated run well.
Does it help with memory usage as well? I can try it on a laptop, but am at a loss how, those wine instructions do not help me. For win 11, what would I do?

download the release from the github. version 2.3

open the .tar file with something like winrar or 7 zip.

there are 2 folders x32 and x64 for the dll files. they seem to be backward.
so for live you would copy the ALL of the dll files except d3d9.dll from the x32 folder and just paste them directly into your EverQuest folder.
on EMU you would in turn copy only the d3d9.dll from the x64 folder and past it directly into your EverQuestEMU folder.

if you want to undo this just delete the dll's from your EverQuest folders.

Crossover also Uses DXVK to run DX11 and DX12 games on Linux and D3DMetal on Mac, However, now neither are required to run EQ in Crossover.

Question - DX11 and vulkan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back