• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

DVD-RW/ non EQ related (1 Viewer)

Wizman

RedCents
Hey all,
I recently encountered a problem with my DVD burner on my PC and am looking for any help or ideas y'all can come up with. I was copying a DVD, when the DVD was done copying to hard drive all of a sudden out of the blue the DVD-RW drive wouldn't recognize that I had a blank in. Soo, I tried playing a prerecorded DVD and it wouldn't read that anymore either.
I've tried a brand new DVD drive and it still wouldn't work. Then I tried a new cable from drive to Motherboard....NADA. The Geek hehe from Best Buy suggested trying new power plug. I tried that too, now I didn't replace whole plug, just used different one on same line. But, the light on the front lights up when I put a disc in so it must be getting power? right?
Everything else is still functional on the PC. Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please keep it to simple layman's terms, I can fudge my way thru most things long as I understand whhat needs to be done.
Hope y'all had a good Turkey day too.

Thanks Wizman

CD cleaning kit? Could be dust build up messing with the laser lens.

Also try the DVD burner in a different PC and see if it works fine. If it is OK, something may be screwy with your PC. If it still won't work, time for a new burner. A decent DVD burner can be found for about $50.

I tried a brand new DVD burner already. still didn't read any discs I put in. That's whats got me stumped. Looks like it's getting power alright. I have an external DVD drive to back up photos and videos I already have on the hard drive, it still works alright. I ruled out the cleaner when new drive wouldn't work.
Thanks for feedback aamlord, much appreciated.

It's an emachines PC running windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

Oh! I think I may have your Answer!!!

It's an emachines PC running windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

=p

Sorry man, wish I could actually help you out here, sounds like part of your Mother Board may have a problem since no DVD burners seem to work. Either that or you're missing the Driver for the drive.

DVD-RW/ non EQ related

Users who are viewing this thread

Back