• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Duping? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
10¢
Im probably sure this is not a MQ2 thing but i was wondering if anyone knows how people are duping stuff? One guy sets up in trader with Anguish gear real cheap sells it all and has the same crap the next day.

if you can do it, its hard, but doable. get yourself to low hp (low enough to modrod yourself to death, etc. get your ping to 5k or so and then get to where the server almost drops you. at that point, kill youself with the modrod and as you're zoning the server is supposed to put you to the server select if it is done correctly. when you log back in, you should be at your bind point with all of your gear as the server saw you zoning, but never dying although the packets to spawn a corpse had been sent. go back to the zone you were in and you should find a corpse. good luck, i tried many times and only got it to work once.

Its easy .. if you know what your doing. Just use a bandwidth limiter on the corpse you wont to use and stick it in the arena or what ever you prefer. Make two hot keys using the bandwidth software, one for slow, and one to unlock. Have a friend beat you down too 2% or so, hit the slow hotkey, at which time you signal to your bud to slay and you/fade . May take a few trys, but it always works for me.

Went and grabbed netlimiter but not sure if thats what I need or not. I am locking the upload download of the game to 1kbps and then I kill him down to 1% at which point I /fade and go for the killshot. At that point I just gotta wait and see if when he respawns he has gear or not? Or am I supposed to make the connection totally disconnct? Thanks appreciate the good info I am more in the realm of building macros so this stuff I don't mess with often=).

you shouldnt ever just totaly block all con. but limit it to a point of still con. yet very lagy. Should be /fade 'ing while being slayed and con slowed, then when ur load screen pops up, switch back to normal speed.

Alright thanks. Any particular proggy you could point me towards that would work. Cause the one I am using isn't slowing connection really.I looked and downloaded all the ones I saw on download.com but none of them appear to be doing what you are talking about exactly.

Im using the software that came with my router, you should be sure what your downloading is exactly what/ment to do. ( some progs specialize in limiting several differnt bandwidth usages )

assuming any money on body would still be there? ....i know there is not a precentage..but is there any other people that have gotten away with this once or twice?

I am adjusting my upload/download to 2k..and on another spot put my connection to modem speeds 9600....but i don't see an "activate" or "ok" key...after adjustting those speeds my game still goes the same speed...anyone know how to use netlimiter and want to point me in the right direction?

I must be stupid. i have downloaded netlimiter and still unsure if what im doing is right.... i have killed my monk down to 2% this is where i get confused. I set my DL speed and UL speed as follow 275 and 55, i have tried killing the monk just before /fading, and killing the monk just after typing /fade, at the same time and neither produces results. When you set the speed is your nestat supposed to keep counting down or should it jump to 100% again? Can you tell me what im doing wrong? (fyi. my average DL/UL speed is 389/74)

Last edited:
Always dupe on a lowbe ( low hp, dep /slay ) using a nuke from a second party slayer. The slayer side must be ran from a separate computer for it must be ran with full connection ( duper is ran on slow bandwidth ). If box'd this would cannot work. ( possible , but difficult ). A side note, you will know that you have duped successfully when your booted to server select. I have many of time loged in the game, and found 2 duped corpses, one at my bind point , another in the slayed zone. If you dupe off a character thats high in level, you will loose experience for how many corpse that have duped, and yes you will still loose experience if you were slayed in the arena.

I know lvl characters automatically take their gear with them when they die (leaving their corpse with nothing on it)....can you dupe a 1st lvl peep, or do you need to lvl them so their items would stay on their corpse?

So far I have gotten booted to server select 3 times each time the account is ld and when the character finaly fully boots from server I log back in and no corpses cept the one I kill in arena.

I am unlocking the speed when the zoning screen comes up should it stay locked? You are saying I want to be booted to the character select screen or the server select screen? Will I have the bags in my inventory as if I didn't die or are you saying that there will be a corpse where I originaly died and a corpse where I was bound?

I dont think you can modrod kill yourself anymore. I thought they fixed this awhile ago when mages were giveing noobs modrods and watching them kill themselfs.

bakshi said:
I dont think you can modrod kill yourself anymore. I thought they fixed this awhile ago when mages were giveing noobs modrods and watching them kill themselfs.
actually they put a required level on the modrod high enough to where every class will have at least 450 hp

I have tried everything apparently except for the way it supposed to work... I made a hotkey which sent a friend a tell to kill me then /gated right after.... waited till load screen and only ended up naked at bind point once i re-entered world. Half the time i got stuck zoning and had to wait. Have tried it where i lag connection tell friend on phone to kill me just after i type gate and nothing. Tried playing witht he timing of releasing and restricting bandwidth and come up empty handed.... I would be willing to donate to anyone to help me figure this out.... and by loading screen.. are you talking Loading Please wait ... in the bottom of your chat box or the Blue Bar loading thing?

Last edited:
I tried this countless times, no luck :(. So any help would be great!

question also, /fade or /gate for this to work, I've seen people post gate and fade can somone clarify this?

I never got it to work I found the server select alot I figured I would go back about doing my nest missions and selling crystals for max plat instead of wasting time try ing to dupe all my high ticket items.

Duping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back