• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

dupe questions (1 Viewer)

bah

RedCents
So i have heard this is another famous dupe involving the bank.. I have tried and tried to figure it out. knowing i will prolly get banned. But if anyone has any information on this I would appreciate it. I have tried bugging the bank via commands.. I have tried the instant logout trick and it didnt work. I have tried using comands 3 times in a single macro to add something to the bank and still nothing.

When the game first came out I tried about every duping trick I could think of. Most dupes involve intentionally crashing a server and having it rollback. I was able to dupe 1s by directly writing to memory right as I traded with a friend. Vanguard doesn't protect it's memory and I just wrote a bunch of 5's, using the speedhack location to start.

This caused the game to crash and the silver I traded was on both characters. However, this also caused me to get the rollback bug (every time you log out you roll back) which was a really horrible bug so I haven't attempted it since.

In retrospect I probably didn't cause the dupe by writing to memory, rather I was struck by the rollback bug which does allow you to dupe things.

True, but all instances of the rollback bug are flagged and investigated. I'm pretty sure it's how the gold farmers are duping so much coin, but it's a surefire way to get investigated.

What we really need to do is figure out a surefire way of bringing down a chunk.

gotya.. Im working on trying to trigger a way to do it without coding. There is almost always a dupe bug its all about timing and process.. I thought i had duped a sucky sword the other day but turns out the ohter person didnt do it I opened the bank and the mail windows at the same time and clicked and dragged the sword into the mail letter and then type /bankitem dirtyshortsword and they both went into both containers but when i sent the mail the items wasnt attached

dupe questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back