• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Dumb housing question (1 Viewer)

RedCents
618¢
I confess to being a total newbie with houses in EQ. I've always hated running through so many zones to get to a house, so I haven't bothered with them very much. I bought one with loyalty points, and never really used it.

Anyhow, I know that you have a certain amount of base 'vault' space in a house (non placeable items), but I'm not sure how to maximize the vault storage space in a house.

Specific questions I have:

What house has the largest base vault size vault? Can you buy those houses for cash?
It's there a limit on the number of houses you can own?
Can this vault space be increased somehow?

I quickly googled houses, but the info seemed very basic from around when houses were first introduced. Now I'm just feeling lazy and hoping that one of the many helpful people here can point me to a good tutorial or something.

Solution
Each toon can own 4 houses.
The vendor sells the basic houses - 3 Bedroom stone etc etc....I think it has about 300 Spaces.
You can right click on the item and inspect to find the stats for the house.

Special houses are about the same size - they just look cooler. ie Bixie Hive or Pirate Ship isnt massively huge.

You can put a Chest or something - but I dont think it really works the way it should.

The basic rule is No matter how big it is - its always going to be full of crap!
Each toon can own 4 houses.
The vendor sells the basic houses - 3 Bedroom stone etc etc....I think it has about 300 Spaces.
You can right click on the item and inspect to find the stats for the house.

Special houses are about the same size - they just look cooler. ie Bixie Hive or Pirate Ship isnt massively huge.

You can put a Chest or something - but I dont think it really works the way it should.

The basic rule is No matter how big it is - its always going to be full of crap!

Solution
They must have changed it since then so you can have 4 houses each. Im about 99.75% sure the limit is 4.

If you really need a lot of houses though you can buy an entire neighborhood in market place. Have a BOT own a Guildhall - and set permissions etc so that all your toons can access it.

Have a BOT own a Guildhall - and set permissions etc so that all your toons can access it.
I am right in line with being a total newbie in regards to private guild halls - like everyone, we have the standard freebie guild hall with the porter and magic pool etc. What is the benefit to buying one? Do you have to buy upgrades for it or do you automatically have the bankers and the port station etc?

After 20+ years of EQ I guess I should probably own a piece of digital real estate.

Question - Dumb housing question

Users who are viewing this thread

Back