• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Driving with a steelseries controller (1 Viewer)

EQ74

RedCents
594¢
Hello everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone has any experience and or resources for using a gamepad controller to drive your main toon? (Are we still calling them toons or is that 2001 talking?)

I'm sure it requires some type of key-bind or keyboard emulation software. I'll be googling the process but wanted to see if there was a consensus on if it is even worth the effort.

Thank you for your insights.

EQ74

I use a Steel Series M MMO mouse it lets me grip the front of the mouse hard and keep fingers on the desk which keep my mouse from randomly shooting across the screen. And I use the 7-12 buttons mostly I have 1-6 buttons on my Corsair keyboard it's a good little combo for me. I haven't seen the controller.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone has any experience and or resources for using a gamepad controller to drive your main toon? (Are we still calling them toons or is that 2001 talking?)

I'm sure it requires some type of key-bind or keyboard emulation software. I'll be googling the process but wanted to see if there was a consensus on if it is even worth the effort.

EQ74
Yes we are still calling them toons most of your verbage from 2001 will translate just fine my friend. I'm off to look up that steel series controller.

Hello everyone,

EQ74
Yes, I often drive my puller tank with a logitech gaming controller when I'm bored. Works specially well with CWTN plug-in in manual mode, you just need to bind the right keys to your keybind software. Then when i get bored..it's alt+tab and back to pullertank mode so i can play: contra, bionic commando, battletoads, or final fantasy 1

nintendo videogames GIF by El Primer Mando
video games capcom GIF
Smash Rare Replay GIF by Rare Ltd

Looking at the following key mapping tools.

antimicroX
xpadder

They seem to provide similar functionality.

The issue will be in developing a configuration that provides an acceptable amount of control for the more common actions and movement. My issue is that I'm not familiar with the modern or higher level play. So I'll just have to learn as I go.

EQ74

Steam has built in gamepad support and EQ is available on Steam. This would likely give you a head start on programming. The hard part is all the button presses needed so you’ll want to focus on using your triggers as modifier keys to get as many combinations as possible.

For any hotkeys, you want to have them do as much in a single hotkey as possible. Multibinds are your friend.

Question - Driving with a steelseries controller

Users who are viewing this thread

Back