• You've discovered RedGuides šŸ“• an EverQuest multi-boxing community šŸ›”ļøšŸ§™šŸ—”ļø. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! šŸ‘‹
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Dps assisting out of group. (1 Viewer)

Sluggo77

RedCents
334Ā¢
Anyone know how to get out of group dps to automatically assist the character you targeted when starting the macro?
If they are in group they will assist or if they are in group with a healer that heals the tank they will assist. But if they are not in a group they just sit there and do buffs.

One thing to make sure of when assisting a character that is out of your group, is to make sure there is NO group Main Assist assigned in the group window. The code in KISS will try and /assist the ${Group.MainAssist} first, but if the ${Group.MainAssist} is NOT defined, then it will /assist ${MainAssist}.

I know I said slack, I meant discord. Redguides has a channel where people hang.

The mq2xassist plugin only does one thing, and its exactly what you want, it will put whatever npc being fought by main assist outside of your group onto YOUR extended target window.

Usage:
1. Target outside main assist guy.
2. Type /xtarget assist ${Target.ID} <press enter>
From that point on anything that guy fights end up on your xtarget window and u can use whatever macro u like since they all attack stuff that pops up on xtarget.

Note that mq2xassist is currently not a rg plugin, itā€™s in beta testing pending release and thatā€™s why we only distribute it in the discord channel so I can get feedback there from people testing it.

To disable xassist do /xtarget assist 0

Last edited:
The mq2xassist plugin only does one thing, and its exactly what you want, it will put whatever npc being fought by main assist outside of your group onto YOUR extended target window.

Oh, wow, thanks a lot for this. Tried it briefly last night with my ranger outside the group and it worked great! I had some XTarget issues before when starting kiss outside of group (it was manageable but still slightly annoying) and this completely fixed it.

I donā€™t understand the question.
But uhm, so if the outside group assist the ā€œxassistā€ attacks something, whoever xassists him will get whatever mob he is attacking on their xtarget window in slot 1... itā€™s marked as auto hater, if they have something in slot 1 it will be overwritten...

It should be really easy to explain, but somehow itā€™s not.

If you ever been in a raid, you know if anyone in the whole raid attack a mob, it ends up on your xtarget window in slot 1? Well itā€™s like that but the difference is you donā€™t have to be in a raid with them... you just have to set them as ā€œxassistā€ with the /xtarget assist #id
Any mob they attack will get added to your xtarget slot 1.

I donā€™t understand the question.
But uhm, so if the outside group assist the ā€œxassistā€ attacks something, whoever xassists him will get whatever mob he is attacking on their xtarget window in slot 1... itā€™s marked as auto hater, if they have something in slot 1 it will be overwritten...

It should be really easy to explain, but somehow itā€™s not.

If you ever been in a raid, you know if anyone in the whole raid attack a mob, it ends up on your xtarget window in slot 1? Well itā€™s like that but the difference is you donā€™t have to be in a raid with them... you just have to set them as ā€œxassistā€ with the /xtarget assist #id
Any mob they attack will get added to your xtarget slot 1.

Not if you have XTarget in slot 1 assigned to something other than autohater. For example: You have a healer out of group, that is using XTargets for healing. If the healer is using Xtarget slot 1 through Xtarget slot 5 for targets to heal then Xtarget slot 6 should be their first Autohater slot, and that is what Kiss will use for checking what ${AggroTargetID}. There are 2 variables in KISS that are used to tell what the First and Second Autohater slots are(XTSlot and XTSlot2) and they don't have to be XTarget Slot 1 and XTaregt Slot 2. I hope I simplified my explanation for you.

Well for now it wonā€™t care, it will use xtarget slot 1 and overwrite whatever is in there, so at least for now, donā€™t use xtarget 1 for anything. I should make the plugin just use the first available autohater slot instead of hardcoded to slot 1. So you make a good point.

I have been using this for the past few hours. The only problem I see with it, is sometimes when the last mob dies, the corpse populates in the extended target window. Then the toon just sits there and doesn't do anything, until the next mob is being killed. Which isn't a big deal until you move your group and your toon sits there and stares at the corpse, while you run 5 miles away.

Thatā€™s unlikely since the plugin has access to information a macro does not. Stop undermining my plugins, I donā€™t understand why you do this? Is there any good reason? Mq2xassist is a good plugin, it provides a feature thatā€™s not accessible from a macro, namely the ability to add mobs to xtarget by ID.

One of the main goals of Kiss11 was to simplify.
We are trying to eliminate as many plugins as possible like mq2melee, mq2cast, etc and replace those functions with internal macro coding.

People mentioned an issue with toons and of out of combat responsiveness . We fixed that issue inside of kiss11 making ooc characters much faster on DPS response.
The response time was fast as a toon in group so we were satisfied.

You choose an external solution with another plugin.
We are not purposely undermining your plugins and we will always try to find a macro solution first.
So why load all these extra plugins when they are not needed.

You are missing my point, there is no macro solution that will work as well because the code this plugin execute is not available to macros through a tlo (yet) itā€™s a beta plugin for people who want to test the functionality specifically for out of group assisting.

I havenā€™t decided yet if this functionality will make itā€™s way to core, or if I am going to just release the plugin standalone.

And if you tell people not to use this plugin, I have no chance of making a informed decision on what to do, I like people to use it so I can get feedback and then decide on how to move forward, add the command to core or keep it in a plugin.

It comes down to how complicated the plugin needs to be to accomplish itā€™s job vs adding that functionality to core.
Now, if u want it in core, then just say so and test the plugin but donā€™t try to influence the few users that IS using it to not use it.

You can use /assist or whatever it is you do now in kiss11 but it will still not do it as well as this plugin because it uses internal calls and it adds mobs your xassist fights to extended target window by ID.

IT is a plugin for people who WANT immediate adds to go there without spamming server with /assist packets.

I added support for it in kissassist1004e15 as an option. If the plugin is not loaded it will use the same method as I assume kiss11 now uses.
If I remove the plugin in the future and add the command to core, Iā€™ll edit my macro, until then it uses it.

I think you should test Kiss11.010 and see what we did.
No one will complain about about the response time now.

Also he is not talking about your version of Kiss.

Adding and removing targets on extended target window by ID, has nothing to do with kiss11.
It doesn't matter to me what macro they run. MQ2XAssist adds a new command that can add or remove targets by ID to the extended target window.
It can be used in all kind of scenarios, like for raids, over eqbc, whatever. Or in macros.
Take advantage of that fact or don't. I could care less as long as people are allowed to test the command while it's in BETA.

Adding and removing targets on extended target window by ID, has nothing to do with kiss11.
It doesn't matter to me what macro they run. MQ2XAssist adds a new command that can add or remove targets by ID to the extended target window.
It can be used in all kind of scenarios, like for raids, over eqbc, whatever. Or in macros.
Take advantage of that fact or don't. I could care less as long as people are allowed to test the command while it's in BETA.

Iā€™m interested. I had issues in 10.2.6 and Raznuke with getting mobs onto the opposite groupā€™s xtarget window. This would have helped.

Basically with this plugin loaded you can do a /bcg //xtarget id ${Target.ID} 1 and everyone in your group gets whatever YOU have as target on THEIR extended target window.
Now, that can be done from a macro as well, anyway with the plugin loaded doing /xtarget with no argument will show this in help as well.

Question - Dps assisting out of group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back