• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - does this work for anyone in a hotkey /stopcast or /interrupt or any type of ducking (if in middle of casting)? (1 Viewer)

dealings

RedCents
2,188¢
There are several hotkeys I would like to make and use even events that turn to crap if the toon is in middle of casting

there is a kneel event, cure hotkey, trying to do an mgb, u name it, tons of scenarios

if the toon in question is mid cast the hotkey gets hosed "You can't use that command right now"

so what are my real options (especially using a real aggressive macro, let alone plugin that u cant pause)?

as im typing I just had a thought:

INI:
/multiline ; /mqp  on ; /pause 30 ; /keypress x ; /pause 50 ; /keypress x ; /mqp off

First u pause the macro (even in middle of spell casting u can still pause a macro), then u wait for 3s so that any casting that was going on is over
at this point you can actually duck in peace, chill for 5s, stand back up and then resume macro

the biggest issue ive had so far is a hotkey or an event going to crap if there is some casting going on

INI:
/multiline ; /mqp on ; /pause 30s /alt act (mgb #) ; /alt act (AA #) ; /mqp off

same thing, pausing macro a few seconds first, just long enough to then let an mgb fire then un pausing

pause doesn't work like that in a multiline. if you're trying to delay an action you want timed

/multiline ; /mqp on; /timed 30 /do the thing 30 later; /timed 60 do the thing 60 later --- they are not cumulative, so if you want the second one after the first you need to add them

The buttons in this plug-in work while casting.

@dealings I have stop action and stop spell cast double bind to space bar. You can use /mqp to toggle pause on and off. I have a macro on my game pad that will play a recording of my typing /mqp and pressing enter. I put it on the thumb pad. So i can press right, spacebar. A social will not start when a spell is being cast. So thats why i use keys. A work around is to use my buttons. Commands place here are not bother by spell casing and such. A good place for /bcaa //mqp and /bcaa //stop. I have one that will /bct bard //ass Mage. I also have a /pet attack. So if i have 5 mobs on pet i can use a key and a click to cycle threw x targets and attack. Even while spamming heal and blocks.

the /keypress x is my attempt to duck in a social
just to be clear neither an in game social or mybuttons is able to work unless the toon is NOT casting
so unless u stop casting someway on your own, the only way u can do it is stop casting yourself,
hope there is no more casting, then and only then try to duck and eventually unduck and un pause?

There are several AoW threads with posts on how to use MQ2Events to get your characters to stop casting and /duck for the emote.

If you are using a Macro to control your characters then the first thing you want to do is /mqp on.

Then maybe you need to /stopsocial. This will stop any hot buttons socials you may have clicked. (I've never had to use this before!)

Finally you want to /stopcast or /stopsong.

At this point your character should be standing there like a good little slave waiting for your next command or action! You should be able to /multiline those commands on a single line in an EQ social.

Funny thing is, ducking interrupts any spell casting although you can also explicitly bind a key to force /stopcast. I use the "e" key for this.

the /keypress x is my attempt to duck in a social
just to be clear neither an in game social or mybuttons is able to work unless the toon is NOT casting
so unless u stop casting someway on your own, the only way u can do it is stop casting yourself,
hope there is no more casting, then and only then try to duck and eventually unduck and un pause?
What you want for that is /keypress duck

One I use for example is /multiline ; /mqp on ; /attack off ; /pet back off ; /target clear ; /timed 10 /keypress duck

I made a few mistakes last night while due to not being able to see what i read and write. I think having a problem with my display resolution. Its like some one got on my computer and chose every possible option to make seeing text a nightmare. Ever since sneaky install of 2004 i have been having all kinds of problems trying to get my screen back the way it was. atm I'm using scaling and 150 font size and its still looks like apsolute sheet. I have still not fond a work around or fix for everquest ui, but i did discover /chatfontsize 8.
an in game social or mybuttons is able to work unless the toon is NOT casting
Using socials during a fight on my mage and cleric is just a nigh mare. I use to put /stopcast or something on the first line of my socials till i figured out the key bind. The stuff you put in Mybuttons will be issued like it was keyed in the chat bar. Oh i just thought of something. You could use a 5 like to pull of the pause your wanting. i found an example.
helpfull commands by deathlock

Pacify My Target

/pause 8, /bct MyBardsName //mqp on

/bct MyBardsName //multiline ; /target id ${Target.ID}; /casting “Silence of Silisia”
because the multiline can't have a pause in it you put it on next line by its self.

/pause 55

/bcaa //echo %t getting calmed

/bct MyBardsName //mqp off
The following macro is issused by Mybuttons
if your really want that macro trying placing something like this in my buttons. I'm pretty sure you will not need a full second.
Sorry i put that in wrong order and i did not see you had /keypress x twice, so i thought you were auto standing or still ducking. The first line is were i also put my interrupt
/pause 10, /keypress x
/pause 10, /mqp on
/pause 10, /alt act (mgb #)
/pause 10, /alt act (AA #)
/pause 10, /mqp off
I failed explain my personal hatred for ducking. I was over joined when i fond out how to turn auto duck off. Ducking use to get me killed so i even deleted the bind so i would not touch the dang thing.
There are /stop commands for casting, songs that can be used at the start of a macro, but i find using key works better. (double bind stop action, stop casting a spell to the same key)

Last edited:
if I dont stop cast, the social doesnt work
it would be awesome to just do a duck command and go from there
again here is scenario (toon is on steroids casting....)
u try to do an MGB (nope hotkey wont work cause u need to stop casting)
u try to do duck hotkey (so it un ducks in a few seconds, nope cause it was casting when u tried
long story short if u cant interrupt casting and u are mid cast u may as well never hit the social hotkey cause it wont even start

Pacify My Target

/pause 8, /bct MyBardsName //mqp on

/bct MyBardsName //multiline ; /target id ${Target.ID}; /casting “Silence of Silisia”
because the multiline can't have a pause in it you put it on next line by its self.

/pause 55

You can have pause with multiline, you just need to put pause on the outside and follow standard EQ rules for socials like so:
INI:
/pause 8,/bct MyBardsName //mqp on
/pause 55,/bct MyBardsName //multiline ; /target id ${Target.ID}; /casting “Silence of Silisia”
And if you used the /timed command you could get that all down to 1 line:
INI:
/bct MyBardsName //multiline ; /mqp on; /timed 8 /target id ${Target.ID}; /timed 8 /casting “Silence of Silisia”; /timed 63 /mqp off

@SA_krycek I wonder what i did wrong with the pause. Can you use pause with multiline on more than one line in same social? Can pause and timed on same line? Now that i edited the post i think i used /pause inside of the multi line. I have used timed before but i don't seem to get consistent results.

@SA_krycek I wonder what i did wrong with the pause. Can you use pause with multiline on more than one line in same social? Can pause and timed on same line? Now that i edited the post i think i used /pause inside of the multi line. I have used timed before but i don't seem to get consistent results.
/pause must be the first thing on the line of the social. It cannot come after a /multiline. /pause is an eq client thing, so you have to follow EQ's rules for social formatting. /timed is an mq2 thing and has it's own rules, mainly that is the cumulative time from the point that you execute the /multiline command. This is why, in my example, I had to add the /pause 8 and the /pause 55 to get a /timed 63.

if I dont stop cast, the social doesnt work
it would be awesome to just do a duck command and go from there
again here is scenario (toon is on steroids casting....)
u try to do an MGB (nope hotkey wont work cause u need to stop casting)
u try to do duck hotkey (so it un ducks in a few seconds, nope cause it was casting when u tried
long story short if u cant interrupt casting and u are mid cast u may as well never hit the social hotkey cause it wont even start
tie the stop action feature to a button like the duck function is tied to a button and use both those buttons in your social to stop your casting then duck

Question - does this work for anyone in a hotkey /stopcast or /interrupt or any type of ducking (if in middle of casting)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back