• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Does ordering LS Beta give too s NoS access? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
876¢
Ok quick question, I have a few toons that don't have NOS, would I automatically get it now if I pre-ordered LOS ( new expac ) or would it not become active till new expac released.

TIA

If you buy the expansion now you can get in to nos soon as you buy it . The last sale seems like a rip off when a moth later you can get both for 35.
The benefit of buying NoS on the sale was you get access to some of the expansion features like the Tradeskill depot, as well as being able to buy some of the higher tier collectible items that come with the upper-level expansions for cheaper. So, not just always about access to the expansion. Features tied to it or claimable items included are a factor.

You still get access to those features when you get LS. The sale is just a money grab before releasing the new expansion. But I guess it could be worse. There are games out there that charge you for each expansion regardless how old it is. So you buy a new game and have 12 DLCs to get soon as you get the game. Looking at you X4
1697336673248.png
They just happen to be on sale atm. But normally you get the game and then need all these expansions to be current.

Ok quick question, I have a few toons that don't have NOS, would I automatically get it now if I pre-ordered LOS ( new expac ) or would it not become active till new expac released.

TIA
Yes, Believe it or not I answer this question more times than not. It's not like EQ2 where you have to get each xpac. ( Thank God!!!!) You get the preorder stuff right now aswell which is a pretty sick goldish color

Yes, Believe it or not I answer this question more times than not. It's not like EQ2 where you have to get each xpac. ( Thank God!!!!) You get the preorder stuff right now aswell which is a pretty sick goldish color
EQ2 is the same as EQ1 buy the latest expansion and the previous ones unlock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231015_010243~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20231015_010243~2.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 3
Does pre-ordering LS now, open up previous expansions immediately, or will that probably happen after the patch this week? I noticed that the current client still only list 29 expansions, so I assumed that it wouldn't be unlockable until the 30th expansion has been added, or you purchase 28 or 29.

Actually, TS Depot has to be purchased separately (2500DBG), if you get LS preorder but not NOS.

Not that it is a big disappointment for G2-GX :-D
Is this actually true? Was the base 250-item TS Depot a perk of buying NoS, like the clicky portals and the rest?

If so, that feels wrong. Should be a feature of the expansion. Trying to think of similar issues in the past. You get "Augments" and "Power Source" and Guild Halls and more - when buying after the fact.

I love the feature and use it heavily. This lack of LS support won't impact me but definitely will for others going forward.

Is this actually true? Was the base 250-item TS Depot a perk of buying NoS, like the clicky portals and the rest?

If so, that feels wrong. Should be a feature of the expansion. Trying to think of similar issues in the past. You get "Augments" and "Power Source" and Guild Halls and more - when buying after the fact.

I love the feature and use it heavily. This lack of LS support won't impact me but definitely will for others going forward.
We never get the goodies from the past expansions unless they bring them out in the collectors packs in June/July or August. When we buy the current expansion it gives us only the zones, and guild port stone (Not the clicky port)

We never get the goodies from the past expansions unless they bring them out in the collectors packs in June/July or August. When we buy the current expansion it gives us only the zones, and guild port stone (Not the clicky port)
Eh, yer right. I'm thinking back to the expansion features that didn't require "Unlocking a # of entries" like Teleport Items and all.

Guess I haven't created a new account in ... decades? So this hasn't been a thing I've noticed.

Well, same as Dragon Hoard I guess - though that seems to be a rather useless and buggy thing, in comparison.

I understand that when you buy a new expansion, you get all the old expansions that predate it.

So does that mean buying the next "Laurien's Song" expansion on a free-to-play (F2P) account will activate the Tradeskill depot that came with the NoS expansion?

I am guessing it will, but I can't find specifics and the people who took over Everquest are more stingy than the former owners. I know my gold account characters have 125 dragon hoard slots. They say that F2P accounts get 40 slots but my F2P accounts have 0 slots even though CoV (the expansion that released the dragon hoard) is enabled (but I didn't purchase them), so I am guessing you have to pay for an expansion to activate some features and they aren't included In the free access F2P accounts.

If anyone knows specifics on this I would appreciate any info you can pass on.

I understand that when you buy a new expansion, you get all the old expansions that predate it.

So does that mean buying the next "Laurien's Song" expansion on a free-to-play (F2P) account will activate the Tradeskill depot that came with the NoS expansion?

I am guessing it will, but I can't find specifics and the people who took over Everquest are more stingy than the former owners. I know my gold account characters have 125 dragon hoard slots. They say that F2P accounts get 40 slots but my F2P accounts have 0 slots even though CoV (the expansion that released the dragon hoard) is enabled (but I didn't purchase them), so I am guessing you have to pay for an expansion to activate some features and they aren't included In the free access F2P accounts.

No, it does not. You get levels, zone access, spells/items access but stuff like Dragon Hoard or TS depot you have to buy xtra

No, it does not. You get levels, zone access, spells/items access but stuff like Dragon Hoard or TS depot you have to buy xtra
To get the TS depot and dragon hoard on all my accounts I would have to specifically buy those 2 expansions on each account? That's like $500 for my accounts just to have better storage options. Guess I'll have to figure out something else.

To get the TS depot and dragon hoard on all my accounts I would have to specifically buy those 2 expansions on each account? That's like $500 for my accounts just to have better storage options. Guess I'll have to figure out something else.
You can't buy random xpacs. Extras you buy in the marketplace

Ok when you buy the latest expansion you get any goodies in that expansion listed but you only get the zones from the past expansions. You do not get any goodies that came in those older expansions.

If you did not buy the specific expansions the hoard or depot came out in then you have to buy them in the marketplace.

The Dragon's Hoard is $15 and covers all characters on the account. The Tradeskill Depot is $25 and again covers all characters on the account. If you are all access you would get a 10% discount on those prices.

If you search for "hoard" or "depot" in the marketplace and only see the slots to buy then that means you have the base feature already. This is like the "Hero's Forge" feature which is only available in marketplace on accounts that do not have it.

I feel the tradeskill depot is worth it but not the hoard.

@Damon it doesn't...but you can just roll a baby alt guild and voila! Free Awesome bank...plus place to decorate
You Can Do It GIF by GEICO

Dragon's hoard and Tradeskill depot can be purchased for a total of 4k Daybreak cash in the Daybreak store.
That's probably what I'll have to do, as Sic pointed out; you can't just buy random expansions, you just buy the goodie packs that they came with if you purchased the expansion when it was released. I was confused thinking those packs were just the expansion but since they give you the zones/spells now for free, all that's left are the other claimable items.

@Damon it doesn't...but you can just roll a baby alt guild and voila! Free Awesome bank...plus place to decorate
You Can Do It GIF by GEICO
I guess that would work for making a mule bank. All of my characters are in my main guild because that guild has just about every teleport item on the walls so it is convenient to get around, but I would probably have to have a main guy in the alternate guild that I just parcel everything to and he stores them in the bank for me.

What I normally run into is powerleveling my guys in the same spot so I soon get flooded with lots of the same items that are lore but I am a packrat and can't throw them away, already have billions of tribute points, and I can only sell in the bazaar on 1 account that is gold now (can you buy bazaar access in the daybreak store? I know I saw the spell upgrades to be able to use rk2 spells on a f2p account so maybe that's in there too.)

I am basically just trying to find ways to make this game profitable (not to make personal money but to make enough plat to buy game time for all my accounts) and my thinking was to make my farming of gear more efficient so I sell more and have less gear rot.

I guess that would work for making a mule bank. All of my characters are in my main guild because that guild has just about every teleport item on the walls so it is convenient to get around, but I would probably have to have a main guy in the alternate guild that I just parcel everything to and he stores them in the bank for me.

What I normally run into is powerleveling my guys in the same spot so I soon get flooded with lots of the same items that are lore but I am a packrat and can't throw them away, already have billions of tribute points, and I can only sell in the bazaar on 1 account that is gold now (can you buy bazaar access in the daybreak store? I know I saw the spell upgrades to be able to use rk2 spells on a f2p account so maybe that's in there too.)

I am basically just trying to find ways to make this game profitable (not to make personal money but to make enough plat to buy game time for all my accounts) and my thinking was to make my farming of gear more efficient so I sell more and have less gear rot.
No you can't buy gold access in the store.

Here is how to store all that stuff. It does not matter if you own a neighborhood or not but it does make it easier for what you going to do. If you do not own a neighborhood then find an open one with like 5 plots open. They make general neighborhood ones any one can put a house on a plot.

So each of your characters can buy 3 plots. Plots will always charge rent unless you have a special house on it. So you buy a plot with plat. Put some rent into escrow. Does not take much to pay a year

Now if you have loyalty points then buy 1 house for each plot. These houses will not charge you rent because you bought them from the loyalty merchant. I have not tested it but have heard that the ones from the marketplace do not charge rent either. Of course none of the special houses (like bixie hive or the ship) charge rent and as a bonus they will make the plot rent free too.

So once you have all that set up then you give your guys access to all the houses. Make a house for each tradeskill or maybe one for armor or collections, however you want to set it up.

This way you can hoard your little heart out like the rest of us do at minimum cost

If you have enough loyalty you can also (on an all access account), buy bags of doubloons from the loyalty vendors. These cost about 11 loyalty points per bag of doubloon, this is the really cheap way to pay your rents. Or just use plat...we are not talking like rent in real life. This stuff is cheap really.

Don't forget /barter. You can do this from any zone and there are folks set up in barter that will buy some of the stuff you get. I always double check against the price the items are selling for in the baz so I don't screw my self. I don't want to sell to a barter for 3 plat when that same items is listed for sale in the baz for 3000 plat. And they will do stuff like that. Offer to buy blue diamonds for 50 plat under what you would get from the NPC venders. Then they turn around and sell them to those venders and make 50 plat! And they didn't have to farm

No you can't buy gold access in the store.

Here is how to store all that stuff. It does not matter if you own a neighborhood or not but it does make it easier for what you going to do. If you do not own a neighborhood then find an open one with like 5 plots open. They make general neighborhood ones any one can put a house on a plot.

So each of your characters can buy 3 plots. Plots will always charge rent unless you have a special house on it. So you buy a plot with plat. Put some rent into escrow. Does not take much to pay a year

Now if you have loyalty points then buy 1 house for each plot. These houses will not charge you rent because you bought them from the loyalty merchant. I have not tested it but have heard that the ones from the marketplace do not charge rent either. Of course none of the special houses (like bixie hive or the ship) charge rent and as a bonus they will make the plot rent free too.

So once you have all that set up then you give your guys access to all the houses. Make a house for each tradeskill or maybe one for armor or collections, however you want to set it up.

This way you can hoard your little heart out like the rest of us do at minimum cost

If you have enough loyalty you can also (on an all access account), buy bags of doubloons from the loyalty vendors. These cost about 11 loyalty points per bag of doubloon, this is the really cheap way to pay your rents. Or just use plat...we are not talking like rent in real life. This stuff is cheap really.

Don't forget /barter. You can do this from any zone and there are folks set up in barter that will buy some of the stuff you get. I always double check against the price the items are selling for in the baz so I don't screw my self. I don't want to sell to a barter for 3 plat when that same items is listed for sale in the baz for 3000 plat. And they will do stuff like that. Offer to buy blue diamonds for 50 plat under what you would get from the NPC venders. Then they turn around and sell them to those venders and make 50 plat! And they didn't have to farm
Thanks for the good advice, I have houses for storing collectables I didn't consider using them to hold gear too.

What pisses me off is that they play stupid games with what they offer in the store, I cant count the times, that an item or collection was available in the store but I didn't have any money that month to buy it, then when I have spare cash the item is no longer for sale so I have to wait for a new progression server to open and wait 6 months till that expansion goes live on that server for a slim chance that they offer that expansions goodie pack in the store.

They would be smart to always have them for sale because so many players are returning and wanting access to old content, like any of the rare houses that are not available now in the store but in 2 years from now when I get bored again and take a break they will put them up for sale for only 1 month and I just happen to not be playing that month. so annoying!

I'm just starting out MQ and got it up and running. Made a new char everything on items looked fine. Logged into one of my main toons and none of the items descriptions are working. I tried some other chars on same account and no issues just on a single toon. Screen shot of broken windows attached.

I've restarted MQ / EQ
I tried copying the UI to another char and items worked there.

Anything I'm missing or possible settings I should adjust?

This was a brand new install from RedGuides Launcher following the "How to Install Very Vanilla (Our Version of MacroQuest)" guide.

Tuffin

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    306.1 KB · Views: 1
I'm just starting out MQ and got it up and running. Made a new char everything on items looked fine. Logged into one of my main toons and none of the items descriptions are working. I tried some other chars on same account and no issues just on a single toon. Screen shot of broken windows attached.

I've restarted MQ / EQ
I tried copying the UI to another char and items worked there.

Anything I'm missing or possible settings I should adjust?

This was a brand new install from RedGuides Launcher following the "How to Install Very Vanilla (Our Version of MacroQuest)" guide.

Tuffin
you have too many items being "displayed" close your map / turn off names

Question - Does ordering LS Beta give too s NoS access?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back