• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Software Disconnection Issues (1 Viewer)

RedCents
80¢
I moved into an apartment complex since the divorce and it has fiber, but I keep getting disconnected randomly on random characters when running a full group. When i switch to using my phone, zero issues.
Anyone have any hacks that will allow me to use the apartment internet reliably? Any settings I should be looking at?

I moved into an apartment complex since the divorce and it has fiber, but I keep getting disconnected randomly on random characters when running a full group. When i switch to using my phone, zero issues.
Anyone have any hacks that will allow me to use the apartment internet reliably? Any settings I should be looking at?
i lived in an apartment complex once and had the same issues. the problem was there was an excessive amount of cable wire up in the attic. luckily i worked maintenance there at the time and had access. im talking 100+ feet of extra. it was the long cable draining the data. the cable company cut out the excess and it worked great from there. he said if i had any more problems, the next thing was to change the 30 year old cable out for a new one thats built for high speeds data transfer.

Do you have your own set up with a model and a router? Or you merely share the entire apartment complex single connection? If you are sharing the apartment connection, you might be out of luck as they likely have a very strict firewall set up keeping certain traffic activity at bay. You may check to see if you can get your own fiber / cable connection to your apartment instead of sharing to get rid of the problem.

Do you have your own set up with a model and a router? Or you merely share the entire apartment complex single connection? If you are sharing the apartment connection, you might be out of luck as they likely have a very strict firewall set up keeping certain traffic activity at bay. You may check to see if you can get your own fiber / cable connection to your apartment instead of sharing to get rid of the problem.
No modem and router. All through the apartment. Ill check to see if i can get Skyfi

Is it Apartment provided internet or your own connection? My apartment offers a "fiber" connection that is either fantastic or absolute garbage, depending on who's torrenting what at a given point in time.

Software Disconnection Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back