• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

IRL - Disaster Strikes a RL friend of mine. (1 Viewer)

ChatWithThisName

⚔️🛡️🗡️
RedCents
13,975¢
Hello to everyone on Redguides. This is an off topic post which is relatively rare for me. But I wanted to each out to the community to support a friend in need.

As some of you may or may not know Southeast Texas / Lousiana has been hit with two hurricanes now. Luckily for me I've managed to get through the storm unscathed. My neighbor and sister in law was not as fortunate this time around. Having managed to weather the hurricane with their home and possessions intact, we had lost power temporarily for a day and a half. They had hooked up a generator for their fridge and a few other misc things. The was a fault, likely in the extension cords used, which caused their home to catch fire. Their home burnt down, losing all their worldly possessions contained within, including some pets.

The news story can be found here. https://www.12newsnow.com/article/w...Ljv5MyVaF8RVKAZb7j-FSbwRCYlak6ChHejcjEItmbHTE

For those of you that cannot view the link due to some restrictions the news company apparently has on the webpage I'm including some photos at the bottom of this post.

We've manage to find them a mobile home, but there are still many expenses to remove the debris, pay to have the mobile home moved, replacing the lines for water/power services, their clothes, school supplies for the children, etc. Due to COVID-19 his hours have been severely cut over the past few months, and they've not had any money saved up.

In total the home housed 7 people, 5 of which were children. They were two single parents who merged their households when they met and got together. Currently the company he is working for has them in a hotel, but this can't only last for so long.

They've had a gofundme page setup for them, if you're able to donate to help them restart from nothing it would mean the world to them and be greatly appreciated. I've let them know I was posting it here and hope that we can meet or exceed their goal.
I've been over there helping with what I can without any funds available since the fire. I actually found it on fire at about 6am and called 911 and then them.

Even if you cannot donate, share the story on social media, share with your friends in RL. Share it with your guild if they'll bend their ear to the story.

GoFundMe link to the story.

1602444868125.png
1602444892568.png
1602444940878.png

IRL - Disaster Strikes a RL friend of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back