• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Direct Shader crashing (1 Viewer)

rumblestud

RedCents
10¢
Ever since the launch of the new expansion, I have been getting random crashes. The message is always the same. "Direct Shader" line message and crash to desktop. I box 3 toons on Ragefire and sometimes it will be one, two or all three. I find it happening in Convortium and other raid zones. Has something changed where I need to adjust one of my visual items? I box druid / bard / beastlord and the beastlord does not have Mq2 running for anything, the druid and bard are on auto pilot but there seems to be no change in who crashes. i'll leave this simple like this in the event I missed something otherwise i'll check back and try to get a screen shot of the full text box crash message. Thanks.

Ever since the launch of the new expansion, I have been getting random crashes. The message is always the same. "Direct Shader" line message and crash to desktop. I box 3 toons on Ragefire and sometimes it will be one, two or all three. I find it happening in Convortium and other raid zones. Has something changed where I need to adjust one of my visual items? i'll leave this simple like this in the event I missed something otherwise i'll check back and try to get a screen shot of the full text box crash message. Thanks.
haven't heard anyone mention this specifically.

I would just double check you have the DX9.0c from june 2010 (probably not the issue) -

then i would run the everquest file validation - few folks were having some crashes related to bad downloaded files recently
From EQ launcher - hit advanced tools

1607784687804.png

then hit that validate game assets - this might take a minute.
if some files get replaced its possible that might have been your issue
1607784711533.png

Problem - Direct Shader crashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back