• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Did TurkReno get banned from RG? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nijhal

RedCents
10¢
I was searching for an old post yesterday and while reading through it, I saw a post from TurkReno and under his name in big red letters it said BANNED JERK. Is that a joke or did he get banned? If so, why? If it isint too bold for asking.

N

Ahh, ok thanks. Was just wondering, he put out some good stuff. Guess though I did see a pattern for flaming coming from him, so I am sure the admins decisions were for the good of the community.

N

nijhal said:
Ahh, ok thanks. Was just wondering, he put out some good stuff. Guess though I did see a pattern for flaming coming from him, so I am sure the admins decisions were for the good of the community.

N

We frequently cleanup the flame posts. He was banned for numerous reasons, those that have been around for awhile know why he was banned.

if you really think his compiles were great you would know he wouldnt addin any kind of warp or certain plugins cause he was saying YOUR GONNA GET BANNED!! =) lol

neo_vs_hal said:
"those that have been around for awhile know why he was banned"

That line has been used by censorship committees for centuries.

Incredulous statements designed to fear monger generally lead to people being disliked and in this case, banned.

"fear mongering: spreading discreditable, misrepresentative information designed to induce fear and apprehension."

Last edited:
That line has been used by censorship committees for centuries.

Let me put it in another way. What happened occured in both public, private, and semi-private channels. It happened on the forums here (public), in PMs, messages, irc channels and tells (private), and on the general RGIRC channel, which I consider semi-private since there's a limited group that actually goes on there. That limited group had a smaller group or two that was directly involved with what happened. If we choose not to talk about it any more...so be it.

Zero0003 said:
if you really think his compiles were great you would know he wouldnt addin any kind of warp or certain plugins cause he was saying YOUR GONNA GET BANNED!! =) lol

OMG, this reminded me of this weekend's shock. Twice, while I was passing through PoK, someone OOC'd about getting help with a macro for such and such. At first, I thought I just shook my head and had a small chuckle...NOT the place to ask for anything like that.

Well, the first time, I just noticed my HUD said a GM was in the zone. I did a /who all gm and sure enough, a real GM was there and NOT anon at all. I was both: impressed to see a GM on a weekend and wondering how long it'd be before that person's account was banned.

A few hours later, I was passing through again and another PC was OOCing something like "can anyone make me a tradeskill macro." This time I glanced at the HUD and sure enough, GM in zone was lit. I did a /who all gm and nothing. So /who GM and there's the high lvl guide. Hidden but there.

Now, some people may think we need to control who gets MQ2 or who gets a perticular plugin, I just wanna point out that people will do stupid stuff without MQ2. With it, they're more likely to get in trouble and get banned - thereby reducing the idiots in the game, which is something we all want.

I felt a little sorry for the person and had they contacted me here or posted on MQ2 forum, I'd be more than happy to help them out, but OMG not in OOC. I still find myself shaking my head just thinking about what they did. I sure hope they didn't pay 2 years in advance.

Mine as well...

But my second thought was that the guy had gotten a trapped precompile...IE, a compile that has a key phrase built into MQ2Main.dll. Every time that phrase is parsed, the person does a command...in this case, OOCing that phrase.

Or they could seriously just be that stupid.

There is one other very remote possibility. Some people call custom buttons, macros. In WoW, there are macros. Maybe the person was con-fus-ed.

Or they received a copy of MQ2 and didn't now it wasn't legal to use. Either way, pretty funny and a sign of the times. MQ2 is so mainstream now, every noob, Dick and Harry have it.

Norrathian said:
OMG, this reminded me of this weekend's shock. Twice, while I was passing through PoK, someone OOC'd about getting help with a macro for such and such. At first, I thought I just shook my head and had a small chuckle...NOT the place to ask for anything like that.

Well, the first time, I just noticed my HUD said a GM was in the zone. I did a /who all gm and sure enough, a real GM was there and NOT anon at all. I was both: impressed to see a GM on a weekend and wondering how long it'd be before that person's account was banned.

A few hours later, I was passing through again and another PC was OOCing something like "can anyone make me a tradeskill macro." This time I glanced at the HUD and sure enough, GM in zone was lit. I did a /who all gm and nothing. So /who GM and there's the high lvl guide. Hidden but there.

Now, some people may think we need to control who gets MQ2 or who gets a perticular plugin, I just wanna point out that people will do stupid stuff without MQ2. With it, they're more likely to get in trouble and get banned - thereby reducing the idiots in the game, which is something we all want.

I felt a little sorry for the person and had they contacted me here or posted on MQ2 forum, I'd be more than happy to help them out, but OMG not in OOC. I still find myself shaking my head just thinking about what they did. I sure hope they didn't pay 2 years in advance.

The humor comes from the fact the OOC'er was probably a GM as well, seeing who was stupid enough to reply in tells :)

Zero0003 said:

And he was absolutely correct in doing so. You do realize he actually worked for Sony right? Banning our very own inside man who was warning you and warning me ... yeah that's a smart move. I don't care how many people he pissed off, he saved me my account more than once. I have friends who can no longer log in because they didn't listen to the advice I relayed to them from him.

He put out good compiles. He put out good info. He gave us warnings on what was and wasn't safe. Unlike 99% of the members here, he actually like ... FOR REAL ... knew how sony was planning to catch the next few.

Plus he was a decent guy and gave me help everytime i needed it

Just a shame too many idiots got on his case , when they could've just ignored his posts

Some people here feel the need to post , most of them are noobs with 2/3 posts who only cared about getting teh ub3r hax

Shame most people dont see these forums as a community like i do

...and that would be all.

The question was why Turk was banned, it has been answered. We don't need the commentary.

KeithClancy, he was a guide. He didn't "work" for Sony. He was not our "inside man." Furthermore, I do care how many people he pissed off. Nearly every person with reputation here hated the guy. That's why he was banned.

Spunge, it's hard to ignore his posts when I get several people complaining about them every day. Also, not everything happened on these boards. You don't know everything.

Use common fucking sense and you won't get banned.

I'll leave the thread open long enough for everyone to complain about this post, then I'll close it.

What Cade said, you people are clueless if you think he was any good. He never worked for Sony, he was a guide with a HUGE ego. He though he was running RG, he never created anything on his own, he sure stole a ton and asked for donations for that. He was a total prick. Why do you think he was banned from everywhere EQ related except for RG? I can't believe that some of you are still fooled by him. I guess it was quite easy for him to fool people who don't know better but anybody who actually had half a clue saw through that BS.

And let me make this clear, all the noobs/idiots/etc actually supported TR and thought he was the greatest because they didn't know better, but not one person worth their salt saw TR that way, not one.

I actually choked on my Dr. Pepper the first time i saw the Paypal link in his Proust-like compile posts..he wasn't even very good at compiling other peoples work, and taking money for it to boot lol

Most of the people who are good at this stuff seem to be assholes for the most part. More than half have a god complex. I think that's the main thing keeping me from learning to compile and code and write macros and shit, I don't want to turn into a total bitch.

Did TurkReno get banned from RG?
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back