• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Emo - Despite what they say, its still a sasuage-fest! (1 Viewer)

Ripperjack

RedCents
Gamasutra's at it again with this little gem... http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17699

So, female gamers are on the rise, eh?
More girls PC gaming, right?

I have one word for this...

BULLSHIT!

With the one exception here, who still I only know via reputation, so I am still not entirely sure she is really a she, EVERYBODY I meet in online games is a guy, or SHOULD be a guy ( you lesbo's know who I'm talking to )... period!

You can tout your "Oh, but girls do play games!" and "I have a sister/GF/Wife etc, who plays", but sorry... from my experience with WoW, EQ2, LotRO and Hellgate London, I can surly say... it's a sasuage-fest out there.

The only game I've even had a glimpse of a girl gamer is in City of Heroes. Then again, there are so many cat girls there, played by effeminate guys with gender issues, it was a tad hard to tell.

So, before your G.I.R.L.'s ( Guy In Real Life ) get your manties in a bunch, just remember "Screenshots or it didn't happen"!

Believe it or no, but we got ~10 girls in my guild on EU... I met few irl, spoken with few over vent. Besides that I know ~5 female players outside the guild..
But I bet those 38% female gamers are hiding from you ripper ;)

Believe it or no, but we got ~10 girls in my guild on EU... I met few irl, spoken with few over vent.
But I bet those 38% are hiding from you ripper ;)

You see, THIS is for the large part why I get so riled up over these issues. People keep saying "Oh I know a billizion girls in game X", however when I log into that server or check out that site, its sausage as far as the eye can see.

Are you guys living in a parallel universe where girls actually play with computers? Because in my world, that is surly not the case!

No offence dude, but until you start showing me some concrete proof, I'm calling shenanigans!

Enable PM´s and I will link you photo thread.
I been drinking with those girls, trust me, they are real ;)

Enable PM´s and I will link you photo thread.

I thought my PM's where enabled?

However in my email notifications, I did get a flickr.com address... how odd.

Anyway, granted there are some women in a very few of those photos, but still there is a LOT of sasuage in that guild. I would say what... 10 to 1?

Just like the normal men to women ratio in my world.

Damn... we need World War III to thin out the male population a bit and give me a chance.

Hey, not my fault 70% of our females are shy, they even dont wanna raid lol!
Besides, ratio 1/1 would be to awesome and boring imo

My guild leader, one officer, and 4 of our raiders are all female. I also know 5 outside of my guild that I do alt raids with all the time...one of which I talk to on the phone =3

Hey, not my fault 70% of our females are shy, they even dont wanna raid lol!
Besides, ratio 1/1 would be to awesome and boring imo

You see, the problem here is that when you consider the average WoW gamer, a lonely 30-40 something virgin with sex on the brain, but without the balls to go out and do something... aka, Me... it is no surprise a mythical "girl" game would want to keep quiet.

However this all leads to the vicious cycle of non-fulfillment, which goes like thus...

1. Horney 20/30/40'something gamer virgin tries to pick up a hawt chick in his favorite MMO game, because he has some sick, twisted fantasy that banging a gamer girl would be like banging his hawt night elven huntress.
2. Any gamer girls who are actually playing the game, get sick and tired of said gamer virgins hitting on her with crude "in game" pick-up lines.
3. Said gamer girls refuse to talk with most in game guys as a result, fearing a torrent of hawt chat.
4. Horney 20/30/40'somethign gamer virgins in time become bitter, hateful, grumpy old gamers ( Me at 37 ), who's sex drive has diminished due to old age.
5. Said grumpy old gamers no longer have sex on the brain, which means their text chat does not typically frighten off the gamer girls.
6. Girls now gravitate to said grumpy old gamers, because they feel safe with them.
7. Grumpy old gamers, no longer respond to girl gamers in such a way that they can get laid.
8. Grumpy old gamers get fed up with MMO games, as they realise they are just pointless "whack-o-mole" hotkey button mashers, and go back to single player games.
9. MMO companies advertise like the clappers to get new gamers and a flood of noob horney 20/30/40'something gamer virgins, flood the newbie zones.
10. Goto 1.

... and the Cycle is complete.

The end result, no sex and guys like me get sput out the other side of MMO games hating life and most people there in. While the girls in said games end up hooking-up with some sugar daddy which keeps them in purple epixs until a richer daddy comes along.

My guild leader, one officer, and 4 of our raiders are all female. I also know 5 outside of my guild that I do alt raids with all the time...one of which I talk to on the phone =3

No offence dude, but as you can probably tell from the tone of my previous posts, I'm not exactly believing the claims of gamer girls at face value any more.

Unless I see some proof of a girl... in front of a computer... logged in and actually PLAYING a game... I'm tending not the believe idle claims of anybody these days.

In fact I know a girl who been taking advantage of such "old grumps"...
Lets see.. 4 gamecards, ~2000k gold, 2 crafted epics, boost in arena and she got into a endgame guild...
That would never happen if girl were more common lol.. =/

I know a girl who plays 4 shaman and a Paladin, her and her boyfriend did Karazhan by themselves.

Sorry to shatter your world, but they do exist and are (just) as hardcore as some of us.

I know a girl who plays 4 shaman and a Paladin, her and her boyfriend did Karazhan by themselves.

Sorry to shatter your world, but they do exist and are (just) as hardcore as some of us.

Im not doubting, My misses plays wow and raids with me as well,

But the average game time is bollocks, 7.4 hours is a saturday for me, actually its about 3 quarters off my saturday

Hmm I've raided with probably near 80 people in WoW, and yet, only about 10 were girls in vent (not voice changers as they were married to guildies or had pics on the forum) which is about a third of their stat.

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on this one too.
If 38% of gamers are female, then 95% of gamers own a DS or a Wii, and play it for more than 6 hours a week.

Lets see, my last guild before I moved on because of stupid politics and drama-wars, there were 26 female players, 12 of them verified since they were playing with their husbands and talked on Vent as well (no voice-changers cuz I could hear their kids in the background saying mom).... but the guild was 260 members. So 10%. But this was a raiding guild as well - so who knows.

I have also been personally owned in CounterStrike by this lovely:

lauren1.jpg

So they exist. Just not in the games you are playing necessarily.

In fact, "Gamer Girls" tend to play more single-player games or "party" games than hardcore MMOs, as the article states.

Ripper - check out some profiles here to find out what the "38%" are playing. Since its not EQ2 or WoW.... :)

Christ she could own me anytime,

In my guild we have 2 females out off 110 members, So for me its a piss poor turn out tbh, The rest off the females who have posted there pictures, Looked like blokes so wouldnt qualify to be in that 38%

Her name is Lauren, other than in Counterstrike, I have no contact with her. Which is both good and bad. Good, because I'm married and who knows what trouble that could lead to, bad because she's Canadian, and you can never have enough friends in Canada.

Here's another pic for Ripper's enjoyment. Seems some gamer girls are into Guitar Hero....

starslay3r_rocks.jpg

I'm wrinkling my nose at all of this "verified female" stuff. I make fun of it, because so many people make a big deal about it. And that's probably because game companies want to know who to market to; game sites want to know who to write for.. blah, blah, blah -- is this article worth taking part of my lunch hour to read?

Update:
Okay, I read it.

Technically, they're right. BUT.. they're going across the board. I mean come on... even my mom plays The Sims, and Pogo.

If they were to look at more time-consuming games, or particular genres outside of casual games, they may see a different picture.

I have only run into a couple of other women when I've played Rainbow Six Vegas, or Call of Duty 4 on XBL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know plenty of girls that game. But internet romance creeps me the fuck out. Seriously.

I've actually had two of these girls send me unasked for pictures of their tits. The first were actually really nice... the second weren't bad. But the thing that really made it extra weird, was the first's husband was in our guild too, and the second's fiance.

And I'm like... Um. WHY am I getting pics of your boobs again?

Totally creepy.

Maybe that's just all it takes though. Be truly creeped out by their attentions, and then you get them. I'm not sure I'd really want a "gamer chick" anyways. A girl that's a casual gamer, sure. But if she's too into it... I lose my "me time" too much potentially in a relationship with that girl. Game time is time to go chill with my boys. Since I do 90% of my MMO playing with RL friends... that's basically what it is for me.

Also, even coming from a guy's standpoint, who doesn't hesitate to say "I'd hit that" on just about anything... the way people jump all over girl pics on an online forum... it's also a lil creepy sometimes. It's just TOO much. Like you hear the way some people go off over a pic, and you just think, "Jesus H Christ. If they actually saw that girl in the flesh, they'd probably end up raping her. And she isn't even *that* hot. WTF?"

Or at least I do sometimes.

Beats me.

It's not even like I get laid a lot or anything. I just don't like the internet stuff. It's creepy. If a chick needs to meet a random dude over the internet, and she's decent looking IRL, she's gotta be seriously fucked up in the head to not be able to just meet a guy IRL. Creepy.

If a chick needs to meet a random dude over the internet, and she's decent looking IRL, she's gotta be seriously fucked up in the head to not be able to just meet a guy IRL. Creepy.

That's what I'm afraid of, having to meet a chick IRL, rather than on the net. At least on the net I can make up a more palatable persona, while in IRL I'm a 6'4" hulking rhino, with the face of a mac truck... not so much ugly, just frelling intimidating! ( To the point that I can make the office chicks freak out, just by standing behind them and giving them my now infamous Lurch grumble. )

Yup, we exist. This is the reason I don't post pics or use voice, though. I've been stalked more than once and I almost quit playing. A lot of us really don't care if you believe we're female or not. The real females won't ask for goodies and act cute, anyway. (of note: I spend at least 40 hours a week playing, and have never sent pictures of my breasts to anyone online. ewww.)

*edit... I'm married.

Forgive me for the double post. I went and logged in for a while and was thinking about what I'd read here, so I thought it warranted a new post.

There's another reason why real females don't reveal themselves often in game, and it's the way guys treat us. I was treated as uber-awesome-wonderchanter and told I was "the best chanter they'd ever had" in one guild, until it came out that I was female. I was suddenly in the back seat on raids. You know what I mean. They stuck me with Guy Who is Always AFK, Guy Who Can't Read Maps, Whiny Guy, A**whole Guy, and Bubbly Giggly Girl Who Always Asks for Favors and Stuff (who was anyone's guess as to whether or not she was really female.)

I don't know how many times it happened to me in my earlier gaming days, or even later. I'd get offended about "gamer girls suck" type comments and it would become painfully clear that I was female and everyone around me would treat me differently. My skills as a player (or even later, guild leader) didn't matter. Once word was out, everything changed. As long as they thought I was a guy playing a female character, everything was peachy and I was on the "A" list.

Just something to think about.

That's news to me, where did you get such a statistic?

A statistic built up from the response of every gamer girl I tried to talk to.

As soon as I said "Hi", I got responses like...

"You're going to fast."
"I'm not into guys."
"I have a BF, you douche bag."

...and the old MMO favorite.

"Dude... I'm a dude."

For a while there I thought I was responsible for a rampant plague of lesbianism, running rife through virtual America.

According to a new study released earlier this week by Nielsen Entertainment in their third annual Active Gamer Benchmark Study, women make up 64% of North America's 117 million online gamers - and we aren't lying. The study did not reveal any particular genre or game type that were being played by women, but it is expected that online browser games such as Zuma on various flash websites made up a large proportion of the female online gamers. Although many traditional online games such as Halo or CounterStrike were primarily aimed towards males, the rise of RPGs and large-scale online titles such as World of Warcraft appear to have attracted more female gamers to the online scene.

Another surprising result from the latest study is the amount of older gamers that are also interested in online gaming. As you'd expect, the teenage market dominates any other age group in numbers, but the study does say that more than 15 million gamers (about 8%) are actually at least 45 years old. The study involved 2,200 gamers described as "active" who were 13 years or older and owned a gaming device and played games at least once a week.

http://wow.qj.net/64-of-Online-Gamers-are-Female/pg/49/aid/68717

I have to think this is BS.. But anyawy7

"...but it is expected that online browser games such as Zuma on various flash websites made up a large proportion of the female online gamers."
Um, they really need to get a better idea of what a "gamer" is.

A statistic built up from the response of every gamer girl I tried to talk to.

As soon as I said "Hi", I got responses like...

"You're going to fast."
"I'm not into guys."
"I have a BF, you douche bag."

...and the old MMO favorite.

"Dude... I'm a dude."

For a while there I thought I was responsible for a rampant plague of lesbianism, running rife through virtual America.

NEWSFLASH! Girls lie too.

Haha this is all very funny!!!

I played EQ for 8 years and am now currently playing WOW (I will be going back to EQ soon )

I am not sure about WOW (it may be different because to me WOW is a cross between Everquest and Sims On Line so the girls may like it better) Wow is for peeps that cant handle a hard core game like EQ.

But in EQ 80% of the Female Toons are rl guys ...... and nearly 100 % of the male toons are rl guys

Thus giving us a lot of manginas out there lol

Until you decide to tell the truth no matter what the consequences are. I have 2 felonies because I didn't lie and tell the police that I didn't know anything. My honor means a hell of a lot more to me than any label somebody else could put on me. Many of my friends have said I take telling the truth to a fault.

I'm a girl - all my chars are girls. Have had my EQ1 acct for over 10 years. Daughter/son/hubby 4-box all the time... Why is it so hard to believe? EQ is a great setting since it doesn't penalize the chars for gender like the original D&D did in the 1st edition...(really dating myself here) Would love to see a poll that reveals how many folks play chars in a different gender than in RL..

Emo - Despite what they say, its still a sasuage-fest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back