• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Delete Alternate Persona? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
6,388¢
Is there a way to delete Alternate Personas? I made one but since it has the same name as my main it autologins to this level one experiment instead of my main and its annoying.

Per the Persona FAQ
Q: Will you be able to delete a persona?
A: Currently there is no way to delete an existing persona, only the base character (and all its personas)

source: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/alternate-personas-faq.294487/

Character select should show whatever character you logged off as. If you persona to your main that'll show on the login.

What classes do you have persona'd?

Per the Persona FAQ
Q: Will you be able to delete a persona?
A: Currently there is no way to delete an existing persona, only the base character (and all its personas)

source: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/alternate-personas-faq.294487/

Character select should show whatever character you logged off as. If you persona to your main that'll show on the login.

What classes do you have persona'd?

I have only made one just to test it out. A ranger, but I realize this is a feature that I have no use for.
:shrug:

I thought it sounded pretty cool until I read about it and it doesn't offer anything an alt wouldn't already offer. I wish you could keep AA xp across personas, that would be huge.
Not to hijack the conversation but want to clarify the misconception. I personally hate alt persona for a few reasons. But they definitely do add something alts can't: Shared Inventory Items and Achievements.

I think it's worth creating a level 1 something just to better understand.
You'll have a level 1 character with every single item, gear, clicky - and most of the Achievements/Progressions - of the main account. That's some potentially powerful stuff there

The worst parts are Inventory Management and Characters always logging in where the last one logged out.

Not to hijack the conversation but want to clarify the misconception. I personally hate alt persona for a few reasons. But they definitely do add something alts can't: Shared Inventory Items and Achievements.

You'll have a level 1 character with every single item, gear, clicky - and most of the Achievements/Progressions - of the main account. That's some potentially powerful stuff there

The worst parts are Inventory Management and Characters always logging in where the last one logged out.
I play on FV, so achv and progression, and i dont mind doing those. Raid achv might be a little harder, but still redoable (if you did them once). Gear and items :shrug:

Can someone explain to me what happens when you switch characters? Does it switch instantaneously? Or does it just do a camp out like normal? I haven't tried it personally as I have been inundated with work lately.

The first time you create the persona character it logs you out and instantly takes you to character creation screen with only the races of that class you chose available.
Once created and you want to swap personas, it just swaps you to that other class and does a UI reload for the new class (resets chat and puts up whatever UI layout you have saved for that character)

I'm a returning player and have been on FV for about 3 months now. When Personas were announced it actually inspired me to stay sub'd longer because I can take my time hunting all the achievements on one character. Before that I wasn't excited about the fact that I've done so many heroic AA's on my Necro but would need to do them again on my SK (who arguably needs them more).

Also the shared inventory is a blessing and a curse. A curse in that it gets real cluttered when you have 1 main +2 personas gear taking up bag space. I solved that with the summon banker AA (each persona can use their daily AAs: Lesson, banker, etc) so that's not a problem. The blessing is now all my characters benefit from the 32+ slot bags I have!

I created 2 persona's both lvl 1 and lvl'd them up a few lvls on a main of 1 of my accounts that if something happened to the main due to persona bugs it wouldnt bother me as much ..

it takes about 10 seconds roughly depending on lag and amount of items you have to switch over for each persona . as was mentioned earlier it kinda sux that your location is based on where your toon is at the time ie and being you have to switch in a fast camp area you will have to end up running back to wherever you were or campfire gate .. clicky campfire has a 15min CD so kinda sux

ive decided its not worth lvling up a persona and just easier to have that extra 1 or 2 accounts for buffing.

seems like DB is making it harder and harder to grind experience to lvl .. even the missions post 110 are giving less and less xp .. and the new LS expansion only has 2 missions and they give the same xp or less than ToL missions .. same with the merc/partisans ..

I do see the potential advantage of having the shared inventory and not having to re-do a boat load of flags for sure.

But, for me personally, I dont feel the juice is worth the squeeze. Also, if you end up fully leveling and gearing a Persona and you end up liking it and want to play them together you would not have the option to transfer him to his own account like you could with a real Alt since he is technically just a part of your Main like a shroud.

Im sure there are even more advantages that Im not seeing as well that could change my view in the future but for right now, just doing an normal Alt suits me better.

I dated a few girls with alternate personas like I said. They tried to delete them with medication. But I don't think any were successful. My ex wife told my Sister after your Brother who in the hell would ever want another man. Ehh. I don't think she meant it as a compliment.

But, for me personally, I dont feel the juice is worth the squeeze. Also, if you end up fully leveling and gearing a Persona and you end up liking it and want to play them together you would not have the option to transfer him to his own account like you could with a real Alt since he is technically just a part of your Main like a shroud.
I was under the impression that account to account transfers were no longer possible for awhile now? I had cases in the last year where I wanted to separate alts to their own account only to met with "We do not offer that service" from DBG support. :shrug:

Question - Delete Alternate Persona?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back