• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Debate on weapons (1 Viewer)

RedCents
4,556¢
Ok so, whats everyones thoughts on which weapon to use on berzerker's at 115.

Do you prefer 2hp, 2hb, 2hs and why.

anyone know which one consistently parses higher?

I just blindly follow Sic's advice for highest delay for the damage bonus. My knowledge is limited but I believe it is the 36 delay 2HBs?

Ok so, whats everyones thoughts on which weapon to use on berzerker's at 115.

Do you prefer 2hp, 2hb, 2hs and why.

anyone know which one consistently parses higher?

Generally speaking the 2HB is the highest dps f you are in a group with bard or beast. If not the 2hp gets close but in TOV at least 2hb was still the best consistently In parses.

Edit: So in other words go 2hb. Every expansion though you have to check but lately it’s been 2hb.

Generally speaking the 2HB is the highest dps f you are in a group with bard or beast. If not the 2hp gets close but in TOV at least 2hb was still the best consistently In parses.

Edit: So in other words go 2hb. Every expansion though you have to check but lately it’s been 2hb.

^^^^^^^

If you raid, it's always 2hb. If you're in a group and consistently hitting the crit cap, then it's always 2hb. If you're in group and don't have a bst/brd, then go with the best damage ratio (which is always 2hp with aug).

All that has been normalized years ago. You want best ratio, period.
well my advice is the highest delay ceteris paribus (ratio being the same). for the recent expansions that has been the 36ers which happen to be blunt.

I like the axe. There is a DPS hit with the vampiric proc and base damage / delay, but passive healing helps survivability. Doesn’t matter what you are swinging with Rez effects, your DPS will be in the toilet. I run shaman only healer in this group for both raid and group. AE in both is no joke, so I’ll take the slight DPS min/max hit.

Not true. If you play with a bard and beast 2HB is better. For TOV t2 raid weapons even without those classes the 2hb parses higher.

I've been corrected on this. My original statement does not hold true for BER due to flurry. BER wants the highest damage weapons possible, with ratio the secondary priority.

well my advice is the highest delay ceteris paribus (ratio being the same). for the recent expansions that has been the 36ers which happen to be blunt.

Turns out for BER you're right. I discussed it with someone that parsed it out extensively. They confirmed what you suggested.

FWIW, here's discusion by a dev of the patch when damage bonuses got normalized:
I've lost the subsequent discusions that summarize the impact of those changes. Basically, damage bonus is now very linear and no advantage to be gamed there.

It's worth noting that the reason to use higher damage weapons on BER has nothing to do with the damage bonus, too. That's mostly what I was originally responding to.

Question - Debate on weapons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back