• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Daybreak cash (1 Viewer)

zalemander

RedCents
20¢
Does anyone have any tips on buying items from the daybreak store when my account is registered in USD, but I am canadian? I have clicked on the paypal purchase and its an error. Ive loaded eq through steam for steam wallet its an error. I cannot believe after all these years this stupid company continues to restrict taking our money in 1 way or another.

Solution
I think just contact customer service and they will correct your account for the right currency. I had that problem before when I came back after a long break.
Can you buy a US visa gift card? So long as the address in the everquest account has the US zip code (and street etc) then it should work

The conflict is because you have the US address and are using non US funds but it will really mess it up if you try to change it to a Canadian account.

Had this same issue. As mentioned already you’ll have to contact customer service. I also tried all the work around without success.
The only thing you can purchase with different currencies is expansions.

BB

Yeah customer services change it easy enough, I have found that it’s very hit and miss with accounts. I am a UK player, I have accounts in US, Can, even one in Jap currency that I can use PayPal on but I have had some that I needed to change currency on. Even with expansions, I got given an account during RoF era in US currency, bought expansions ever year no bother but this last one I wasn’t able to purchase and finally had to change the currency on it.

what about a vpn? im Canadian and have a couple US accts acquired over the years ... never had this issue ... perhaps if they think your stateside through the vpn it will work? best of luck. i would DEFINITELY advise against contacting customer service especially if you have quite a few accts. best to fly under the radar.

Just contact support. They will ask you to provide some proof you are the account holder and then update it for you. Took about 48 hours for me over a weekend to get it sorted since I emigrated before returning to EQ.

what about a vpn? im Canadian and have a couple US accts acquired over the years ... never had this issue ... perhaps if they think your stateside through the vpn it will work? best of luck. i would DEFINITELY advise against contacting customer service especially if you have quite a few accts. best to fly under the radar.
I tried this. Problem is the different currencies between PayPal, the credit card company, and DBGs. Even with a VPN they don't coincide. So DBGs give the poo-poo on you.

Problem - Daybreak cash

Users who are viewing this thread

Back