• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Dark Messiah- Upcoming Game (1 Viewer)

RedCents
90¢
Like morrowind, first person, physics run using the HL2 Source Engine. Game is fucking incredible. Can DL the demo of it from anywhere. Its also being backed by Steam, Valve's online game distribution and authorization software.
Comes out late October supposedly. Environment , weapons, AI all feels so real. Check out the free demo and such.

(If you're like a noob w/ a bad PC...don't bother)
games full name is Dark Messiah - Might and Magic
(Based in the might/magic world from heroes etc)

sidenote: Its gonna have a 32 person multiplayer deal as well....pwnage

I've seen that, where the orc can pick you up and throw your ass across the zone, that's awesome. And because you have a view as if you're looking through actual eyes and you can look down and see your body. I think it was ELS who told me about it, looked awesome.

Theres about 3-4 different trailers out about it...Theres lots of crazy things....in fact I'll make a list.
  • Can nock an arrow and dip it into a campfire or hold it to a torch to catch it on fire
  • Can freeze the ground and cause enemies to slip/fall/slide/lose their footing
  • Can kick enemies into flames..incineration
  • If they try to block a shot of yours thats too powerful..they'll lose anything from a forearm, leg, head to just being cut in half
  • Electricity travels through water
  • Your kicks in combat make them fall backwards, stumble backwards or just hesitate, depending how weak/armored they are
  • Theres a heavy siege bow that can shoot arrows with ropes tied to them, lets you sneak thru areas or drop down from above
  • The backstab lets you come up behind someone and cut their throat
  • Can disarm, parry and shatter shields
  • Lets you level up skills in any area you want
  • Armor actually does something (Blows clang off, do less damage)
  • Arrows stick into wood...if you're being shot at, can pull arrows out and use them back
  • Can drag enemy corpses (Fun building bonfires with them)
  • 30 Diff weps

Aye, I mentioned it on IRC after reading about it and playing the demo. This is certainly one of the very few non-MMOG's that I'll be buying.

Wow that game sounds SOOO neat.. I play eq about 5-10 hours a day min. I work mon-fri everyday. If I choose to play another game its like my eq lost out that day. How do you guys play more than two games full time and stay uptodate? I used to play WWII online and EQ ... but EQ sufferd so hard since I had to batlle for almost 3-7 hours with my army buddies.
How many online games do you guys play? and how many hours each game?

I play Counter Strike source, mostly and mess with the demo. The most I've ever played at the same time = about 3 games. After that you lose focus and start to suck at all of them...unless you had some major progress in them to begin w/ before you split focus

I checked this demo out last night...... I loved it, considering I'm an aspiring game physics programmer, I found it to be rather refreshing. they thought of everything, you can't pick up a box your standing on top of, and little things like that.
I'm getting it as soona s it's released.
now if they come out with some mods and make it a LANable game to play with friends I would love it even more.

Its going to be a game with up to 32 player slot servers....I suppose LAN could already be a built in option....suppose...Especially if its running off the source engine..all the cvars are there for it

Dark Messiah- Upcoming Game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back