• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Custom UI integration (1 Viewer)

lladroth

RedCents
10¢
Hi, I'm new to MQ, just doing a bit of research to see how it works.

I've watched a few of the tutorial videos and there appear to be custom mods/buttons added to the default UI. Would there be any extra work required to integrate with other UIs? I'm using vertblue atm. I'm fairly comfortable with editing the UI xml files, but its not the easiest interface in the world to tweak.

I'm concidering making the move over to Rizlona, I've been 6 boxing on other servers using 2 PCs/4 Laptops 100% manual (not even a KVM) but it feels more like work at times than a game. The frustrations of /follow are starting to wear a bit thin. I dont really need a lot of automation, a better follow and some automated buffing would save a lot of the tedious work.

thanks

Most of the button configuration (for things that have configuration) are done through their respective ini. Once you know what you are looking for it's mostly trial and error.

thanks for the feedback.

I downloaded and setup the basic install yesterday with a basic level 1 group. Most of the custom UI integration works fine, I've got a lot to learn, but getting a simple group setup probably took me about an hour. There is one UI area I would like to tweak if I can figure out how. I usually have my target window as a fairly narrow rectangle at the top of my screen with the target name first then the buffs to the right so it takes up very little space. The MQ target details appear below the target name and then push the buff window down even further so my target window is 3x the height i would like.

Question - Custom UI integration

Users who are viewing this thread

Back