• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Crystal farming (1 Viewer)

adaubenmire

RedCents
This is a little trick ive been using to farm a few more crystals per mission. I dont see this mentioned anywhere so thought i would post it. I've found that you can have multiple characters on the same account in a mission and receive crystals even though they are not online. I have 2 buff bots sitting in lavastorm, an enchanter and ranger on my clerics account, and what i do is, after ive got the mission i log my cleric out then log the buff bot toons on 1 at a time, add them to the mission while they are buffing, log my cleric back on then go complete the mission. When i log the chanter and ranger online after i'm done, they both have crystals and a faction stone on them like they were online doing the mission. :D

Havent tried it yet but nice if this works =) i have been trying to 3 box Gimblax but it is proving to be tough lol

Correct this works rather nice.

I find that missions where you need to do a turn in are best just /taskadd "player name" and hell even if your just inviting a friend for some free crystals.

Does this still work for anyone? I tried today, but when I logged the alt back on all I got was the 'your task has ended' message, no token or crystals.

cbsro said:
Does this still work for anyone? I tried today, but when I logged the alt back on all I got was the 'your task has ended' message, no token or crystals.

Same. Have tried it a few times now, all with level 70 in group + alts. No crystals when loggin alts back in. Guess it's not working.

I should've posted an update to this earlier... but I was having problems getting my alt even in the task (Got the 'adding this char would exceed the level spread of 10' and 'adding this char would drop below the average level equirement' messages even though all the chars are 70...) This still works. The thing is the task has to still be active when you log the alt back in, so as soon as you complete the mission camp back to them.

I'll check that out tonight. Sounds feasible. I know we had left the task after it was done and the alt wasn't logged back in yet.

Of course, waiting on the patch now.

Crystal farming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back