• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Create Melee and Caster groups with commands (1 Viewer)

whytdrumer

RedCents
1,184¢
I have two groups of toons and would like to be able to control them from my main. How do I assign people to groups so I can send a /bca or whatever the command is and have them do something?

MQ2EQBC allows you to use /bcg to send a group a command. The group it goes to is the group belonging to the sender.

If you aren't using something to automate the characters, my only question is why.

I would consider looking at
My plugins of course for Clr, Shd, Bst, War, Mnk, Rog, Ber.
Kissassist
IHC
Core

and any other macro that might automate those other characters.

Thanks. I thought there was a way to send commands to two groups. Let's say I have a group of casters, is there a way to tell them to sit while my main group stands?

You can use channels. Ex: on all your casters you can type /bccmd channels casters. Then you can issue a command /bct casters //sit. This will make all casters in that channel sit. Anyone outside of that group will not follow the command.

Last edited:
For the specific instance of sitting to med, macros such as KA have a med setting that controls when the character meds or stands. Ideally you should let the macro automate that. Even if it's not the perfect granular behavior you'd expect if playing a single character sans automation. You really don't want to go that far into the weeds of trying to micromanage individual characters like that because the whole reason you're here using MQ2 is to *not* have to do that yourself.

More generally, to send commands to sub-groups of characters (like "all dps", "casters only", "melee only") both EQBC and Dannet allow you to create custom sub-groups and put whatever characters you want into those sub-groups.

So how do I set up channels and can I set channels for specific groups? So say I have group one and group two. Can I set up channel one to be group one and channel two to be group two so I can control both groups from one toons?

So how do I set up channels and can I set channels for specific groups? So say I have group one and group two. Can I set up channel one to be group one and channel two to be group two so I can control both groups from one toons?

Every plugin has it's own help page and discussion thread, so worth looking there first:

Question - Create Melee and Caster groups with commands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back