• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Crashing with FPS Limiter + ISBoxer (1 Viewer)

vx2s

RedCents
60¢
Hello,

I know there are a few posts regarding crashes but I am making a new thread as I am unsure if this is related. I have quite a few variables that make it harder to determine whether this issue is specific to me, but the main difference between my crash and those reported, is that mine is deterministic.
I've recently build a new PC and reused the SSD, so I don't have access to the old PC to know if this is just affecting my new PC.
I didn't play for a few weeks before the last Test patch, so I don't know if this started happening recently, or whether it is a result of my new PC.

I have narrowed the crash down to:
ISBoxer/InnerSpace + MQ Background FPS Limiter At or Below 7.5FPS

All of this is done on Test Server with latest version of MQ/VV. No Crash Dialog is shown. This has been happening since 05/12.

With the FPS Limiter at 8, the game appears to be fine when tabbing out.
With the FPS Limiter at 7.5, the game crashes a few seconds after tabbing out.
With the FPS Limiter at or below 7, the game crashes immediately after tabbing out.

The following is fine:
Running EQ via ISBoxer/InnerSpace
Running EQ with MQ with Background FPS Limiter at 1FPS without ISBoxer/InnerSpace
Running EQ via ISBoxer/InnerSpace with MQ and without Background FPS Limiter

Another variable, is that I had to install the Development version of Inner Space because of the Fatal Error issue described in https://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11148. Without it, I cannot go beyond Server Select or I will crash with ISBoxer/InnerSpace alone.
I didn't have any issues with this on my old PC with 1FPS setting.
I should be able to live with setting it to 8FPS. Hoping to get into raidboxing so I was looking at limiting background fps.

Does anyone have any insight?

What happens when you disable all frame limiting using ISBoxer and the game itself? I believe that was the instruction for servers running DX11 code. I loaded my ISBoxer configuration XML file and just did a global search and replace to set them all to zero. In-game I made sure to set the slide levers to maximum.

Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the following since my last post. No difference was observed:
- Update VV to 07/12 build
- Use 64bit Innerspace instead of 32bit
- Updated InnerSpace to Dev 07/12 build
- Fresh Install VV
- In Game FPS Sliders are already at Unlimited

The following made things worse, interestingly enough:
Find and replace in ISBoxerToolkitProfile.XML and disabled the FPS Limiter within InnerSpace Configuration:
<ForegroundMaxFPS>60</ForegroundMaxFPS> > <ForegroundMaxFPS>0</ForegroundMaxFPS>
<BackgroundMaxFPS>30</BackgroundMaxFPS> > <BackgroundMaxFPS>0</BackgroundMaxFPS>
With the above, even a Target FPS of 60 in MQ was causing a crash.

The following worked but doesn't actually solve my problem:
- Changing nothing except running it in Live as opposed to Test (ISBoxer + Frame Limiter at 1FPS). Worked perfectly

The following also 'works' but doesn't solve my problem
- Back on Test, I figured if unlocking the FPS on ISBoxer makes things worse, then reducing the FPS might make it 'better'.
- I set the Background FPS in ISBoxer to 5 FPS (I know it isn't viable, but I did it for the purpose of this test)
- I am at 1.375 Target FPS in MQ. Render and Simulation showing at 1.24. No Crash
- Setting the Target FPS 0.914 will trigger the crash

On Live server I actually re-implemented the ISBoxer frame limiters because I have teams that do not use MQ. It still works fine on Live which is running DX9 yet. I believe Test and Beta were the only servers running DX11. So there is still something wonky about ISBoxer's handling of DX11.

Problem - Crashing with FPS Limiter + ISBoxer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back