• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Crashing when pulling (1 Viewer)

S1n0p3

RedCents
159¢
I recently installed a new OS and after getting everything all set up I am having an issue where I ctd when attempting to pull using Kiss with a bow that is in my bags. If the bow is in an inventory slot ... no problem. The exchange takes place and everything works as it should.
I do have the MQUI_BagWnd in the UI folder and it has been loaded properly. The name of the bow and arrow is spelled properly in the ini. Also rebooted the system, logged in, camped out, drank a glass of water while standing on my head and cleaned the lint from a dwarfs bellybutton ... nothing seems to be fixing this.
Anyone had this issue before or know a fix ?

I tried a vendor bought arrow and replaced the name in the ini but still crashing. When I use pull with melee everything works fine. Seems to be when the position of an item (my bow) needs changed from being in the bag slot. My original settings were all working fine yesterday before installing a new OS. I kept the mq2 file on a flash drive copied it over and now unable to pull. Also downloaded a fresh compile and used a brand new ini with just the pull settings as I have them above as well as my original ini and no go. Again, with the bow in an open inventory slot it will change out the bows and pull as it should, only when putting the bow inside the bags will I get the crash.

remove the arrow and only use the bow name

I took out the |(arrow name) from the ini and this time instead of crashing it held there for a moment and then ran up and pulled with melee.
It did not attempt to grab the correct bow from my inventory and place it in my inventory for the pull tho.

No longer experiencing ctd when pulling. Was operator error on my end with a UI. 8)
I should have tried harder before raising attention to my issue.

Last edited:
How was win 8 causing you to CTD?
Was not Win 8 but rather my custom UI. Was happening when attempting to swap items from bags when pulling in Kiss. Totally my fault and should have spent more time problem solving. It was getting the better of me. Everything works as it should.

Question - Crashing when pulling

Users who are viewing this thread

Back