• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Crashing probs after expansion release? (1 Viewer)

shadowman33

RedCents
70¢
Of course, Turbine has no clue how to help me LOL. No idea why, but after the latest expansion release, the game just randomly locks up and crashes my system. I end up having to reboot the pc every time.

I've updated video drivers, sound drivers, direct x, etc. All are up to date. I've readjusted settings, resolution, etc. etc.

Still randomly locks my system and calls for reboot. This is getting RATHER expensive in repair bills when I log back on and found I got killed yet again LOL.

Any ideas or anyone else having this prob?

And I NEVER crashed at all, not once, before the newest expansion release.

Also, is anyone else having problems with your options settings not sticking when you log back on? For example, I keep having to turn off my Character Name showing every time I log back on.

There is something wrong with the code, it just shuts off your comp, i believe that is what you are talking about? Everyone has that problem, and i donno if there is a solution.

ya, every 20 minutes or so, my system just crashes. I never had a single prob with the game until the newest Evindim or whatever it's called was released. No matter what I do, I crash within 20-30 minutes of playing. It's starting to cost me a fortune in repair costs when I have to constantly log back in and find that I died once again.

lol Jesus christ... The game's been out for for what? 3 months now? and they already released an expansion? lol that's worse then EQ.

By chance though has anyone gotten a response back from turbine on this? I put in reports, etc.... but never got any word from them to whether this is a known issue or not. I see they released a patch notice for this Weds., but it mentioned nothing about technical issues other than "server maintenance".

patch came and went...........dumb problem still exists. I guess they either don't realize it's an issue or no idea how to fix it.

I've never had this kind of issue...and you're the only one I've ever heard of with that issue...not sure why that's going on...

possibly install another program that doesn't play nice with lotro?

You tried monitoring the temperature of your CPU, Motherboard or Video Card? I think there are programs that do that (name of popular one escapes me atm) . Sounds like you might need to toss in a fan or 2 perhaps. Try testing things by running DXDIAG also, could shed some light on things? I was having overheating issues with my video card, when I took it out the fan was so encrusted with dust it was not spinning fast enough and it caused it to overheat. I actually ended up replacing the card altogether with a better one, but could be that?

That's the crazy thing........I have checked and monitored all those things. All my temps are running right on track. All my rpm's are right on track. I've not installed any new software at all. It's the weirdest damn thing I have ever seen. I've reinstalled lotro, all drivers, etc. are up to date. Direct X is functioning properly. No viruses, trojans, etc.

The odd thing though is I never had a moments issue with the game until Evendim expansion came out. Since then, as I said earlier, every 15-20 everything crashes.

I've spoken with turbine and they are just as stumped on this. I've been thru all the recommendations they had to try to fix it. I'm starting to believe for some reason, the new expansion just does NOT like my video card at all. No idea why, but that is all I can come up with.

shadowman33 said:
That's the crazy thing........I have checked and monitored all those things. All my temps are running right on track. All my rpm's are right on track. I've not installed any new software at all. It's the weirdest damn thing I have ever seen. I've reinstalled lotro, all drivers, etc. are up to date. Direct X is functioning properly. No viruses, trojans, etc.

The odd thing though is I never had a moments issue with the game until Evendim expansion came out. Since then, as I said earlier, every 15-20 everything crashes.

I've spoken with turbine and they are just as stumped on this. I've been thru all the recommendations they had to try to fix it. I'm starting to believe for some reason, the new expansion just does NOT like my video card at all. No idea why, but that is all I can come up with.

Is it an NVidia card? I am having that exact problem on my work computer. It sure is nice to be able to do tradeskills though during the day, but I never attempt anything dangerous because it crashes.

ATI Radeon 850X

I actually found the problem tonight while tinkering around. The cpu fan I have is not a normal fan. It looks like a turbine engine on a jet. It actually functions pulling air thru it the same as a jet engine does. Well, I had cleaned out both sides of the fan casing, but this time I actually took the time to take the damn thing apart. In between the front and back turbine fans, there had built up a really ugly thick ass clump of dust. You could not see it from just looking at it. It was still keeping the cpu cool enough except for under certain instances like when I lag out a bit in LOTRO or if I get around alot of people in game, mobs, etc.... It was raising the temp just enough to crash, but not enough to alert my system. I was not reaching heat levels of any danger so my system did not alert me. For some reason though, when I hit those slightly elevated temps, it crashed LOTRO and in turn, my system.

Crashing probs after expansion release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back