• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Crash the Server (1 Viewer)

Roguish

RedCents
Dunno why anyone would want to do it and it's somewhat destructive but for the sake of gathering information because I will never test it...

I've heard through the grapevine that too many Player notes in a Raid window (raids of 72 people, dunno how many notes were entered before server crash) will crash a server, anyone wanna check it out just once?

PS. I'm definitely prepared for the negative red cents lol

72 person raid.... would this a instanced zone like Potime? or a normal open zone? instance zones have way less of a capacity before a crash before a open zone.

Yeah they were open PoTime raids, the raid leader was noting special loot rights next to their names.

They said they fixed it, but a few weeks ago on the open raid in Time, the leader used the notes to have everyone's dream loot listed and the zone, not the server, crashed. He hasn't used raid notes since then, just keeps it on a spreadsheet and tabs back and forth.

Crash the Server

Users who are viewing this thread

Back