• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Convenience toon for my 4-box (1 Viewer)

kenshon

RedCents
230¢
Hi, I'm running a War/Sha/Brd/Ber lvl 110 4-box, and don't really want to add more to my "actively boxed" crew.

I'm going to need to create a raid for some questing (e.g. epic 2.0s), and thought to myself -- what toon might I create to help make my life easier for other stuff too?

I would level them up passively in group or otherwise pull them in for certain events or quests, but otherwise leave them on the shelf until needed.

As context, my boxing goals are just to do progression starting from RoS on up.

Here's what I was thinking of options for my "convenience" toon -- curious what you'd go with?

• Mag - for CoTH
  • Enc - for tradeskill quest and maybe out-of-group emergency mez
  • Cleric - for buffs, and add as 5th box for really hard content
  • Other?

I've never really understood why folks want a mage for CoTH when they have a bard. Bard dual-invis works almost everywhere, and come-to-me and follow-me get my group almost everywhere with no issues.

For pure utility when questing or doing progression I would think a druid or wizzy. Ports, teleport-to-bind and zephyr, with CF and stein use combined with a bard and the world is open to you.

A rogue is very handy for completing collections, and would fit in well if (when) you decide you really can handle 5 in your group :) Make him a gnome and you can tinker and make poisons.

I’d go Druid if you were wanting to not play it actively and more just support the other 4. Ports, buffs, port to bind, etc.

Cleric is nice but can get buff already from merc

Rog is nice addition if you want something to grab collects with (honestly even a heroic rog works for most though) and could add more dps to your grp makeup you already have going

I've never really understood why folks want a mage for CoTH when they have a bard. Bard dual-invis works almost everywhere, and come-to-me and follow-me get my group almost everywhere with no issues.

For pure utility when questing or doing progression I would think a druid or wizzy. Ports, teleport-to-bind and zephyr, with CF and stein use combined with a bard and the world is open to you.

A rogue is very handy for completing collections, and would fit in well if (when) you decide you really can handle 5 in your group :) Make him a gnome and you can tinker and make poisons.

Second this. I added a 7th account recently for utility. My wizzes I find useful for what you are describing or porting directly in to WW. By having it on a 7th account it will be simpler to manage no logging in and out. That 7th account is getting a wiz/ench first. Might add a cleric or ranger later for the buffs.

Definitely a porter would be my suggestion.

Why people like mage CoTH is because we are all lazy and like naam stated he/she leaves it parked to CoTH across the zone and some zones can be large and even with bard speed it can be a hassle getting stuck on corners and such plus mage DPS is rather nice, plus instant cast gate clickies don't hurt either.

Hi, I'm running a War/Sha/Brd/Ber lvl 110 4-box, and don't really want to add more to my "actively boxed" crew.
My question is why do a 4 box crew? I see absolutely zero benefit to run only 4 over 6. Yes 6 will be more expensive to gear up, but you can keep the 2 extra accounts free-to-play and still have useful toons. I got my shaman to 115 before I subbed him a month to get the AAs. Yes it was difficult but I managed and now that he has AAs it is well worth the hassle. he is now almost 120 and still in ToV T1 gear and he does just fine on most stuff I do. running those 2 extra toons really takes very little effort to change your kissassist.ini or rgmercs.ini, but if you want super simple get the CWTN plugins and it gets even easier.

Biggest reason is I haven't yet taken the plunge into boxing software (isboxer type) and I'm worried about using the more risky ban wise) softwares.

Where does KA sit in the curve of riskiness?

Question - Convenience toon for my 4-box

Users who are viewing this thread

Back