• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Consolidate dublicate 'bank items across mules? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
6,229¢
Is there a way to consolidate duplicate items across multiple tradeskill mules?

For example, Mule1 has a stack of Spider Silk in his bank and Mule2 has a stack of Spider Silk in one of his bags is there a way to have them find the duplicate items and consolidate them?

<edit: added "duplicate" for clarity>

Last edited:
This is the closest I can come to that:

Player 1 puts silk in house - it goes in under his name
Player 2 puts silk in same house -it goes under his name

Either player takes the other player's stack out and then puts it back in and it will go into one combined stack under that players name.

I only go thru and do this when the item limit is reached in the house. It frees up spaces. All characters have all rights to the items in the house.

Very cumbersome. Hopefully someone has a better way

That is somet
This is the closest I can come to that:

Player 1 puts silk in house - it goes in under his name
Player 2 puts silk in same house -it goes under his name

Either player takes the other player's stack out and then puts it back in and it will go into one combined stack under that players name.

I only go thru and do this when the item limit is reached in the house. It frees up spaces. All characters have all rights to the items in the house.

Very cumbersome. Hopefully someone has a better way

I do wonder which approach is best for tradeskill stockpiles, using toons or using houses. I know some people have like ten houses for TS items. I am using mules mainly because that is how I began but I do wonder if the house method is better.

Its just annoying when Im looking at a guys inventory and I just know for a fact I have that same item on another toon but Im not sure exactly where or who. lol

Its just annoying when Im looking at a guys inventory and I just know for a fact I have that same item on another toon but Im not sure exactly where or who. lol
I make a point to stop at a parcel merchant and empty my trade satchel to my TS mule. It does suck when I log him on and can't log off until I get under the req amount of parcels. The good thing it does is it forces me to have all on one toon. No guess work as to who has what.

I make a point to stop at a parcel merchant and empty my trade satchel to my TS mule. It does suck when I log him on and can't log off until I get under the req amount of parcels. The good thing it does is it forces me to have all on one toon. No guess work as to who has what.

you only have ONE mule?? I have six but I know people with one per tradeskill as well.

I read about a manual method some years ago on the Sony/DBG forums that I still use to this day. I have 6 chars at 350 skill in all tradeskills so I've managed a lot of inventory.

TL:DR -- Use the outputfile command to dump a text listing of a mule's inventory, then use a good programmer's text editor like Notepad++ to open ALL the text files and easily search across all your inventory. (Can also dump the contents of housing and guild banks!)

1.) Don't use houses. Houses were not a thing yet when I started doing tradeskills.
2.) Create multiple characters on a single account with each character dedicated to some major tradeskill. These characters should NOT be on the same account as your mains.
3.) Load said characters with tradeskill bags or higher capacity heirloom bags.
4.) Can Use giveitems.mac to partially automate handing off tradeskill items to mules. When you give the wrong item to the wrong mule have that mule put it in shared bank so the correct mule can pick it up and deposit it.
5.) When stacks fill put the full stacks in the mule's bank.
6.) Dump a text file of the mule's inventory to a text file. Name it smartly so it's easy to determine which file belongs to which mule. Use a standard location and format for the text file so they're easy to find and easy to identify. Create an in-game macro button to automatically create these files. I use a button that dumps the file(s) and then camps the character.
7.) Use a good text editor like Notepad++ to open ALL your mule's text files at one time. (Select block of files in Explorer, Right-Click any file, Choose Open with Text Editor.)
8.) Use the text editor's ability to search across all text files for specific items.
9.) BONUS -- A search program like Agent Ransack can also search for specific items across multiple files just as easily as your text editor.

Social button contents:
INI:
Line1=/pause 10, /outputfile inventory C:\EQInventory\Account-Character-Inventory.txt
Line2=/pause 10, /outputfile guildbank C:\EQInventory\Guildname-Inventory.txt
Line3=/pause 10, /outputfile realestate C:\EQInventory\Account-Character-Plot.txt
Line4=/camp server

Is there a way to consolidate duplicate items across multiple tradeskill mules?

For example, Mule1 has a stack of Spider Silk in his bank and Mule2 has a stack of Spider Silk in one of his bags is there a way to have them find the duplicate items and consolidate them?

<edit: added "duplicate" for clarity>
Might have been proposed but I'd use a guild bank to merge...EX: Write a script that deposits all items marked as TS...to guild bank...and let the guild bank consolidate for ya...

If you go that route...you can create a guild bank for each craft...ex tailoring, tinkering etc...and use that a consolidator

I read about a manual method some years ago on the Sony/DBG forums that I still use to this day. I have 6 chars at 350 skill in all tradeskills so I've managed a lot of inventory.

TL:DR -- Use the outputfile command to dump a text listing of a mule's inventory, then use a good programmer's text editor like Notepad++ to open ALL the text files and easily search across all your inventory. (Can also dump the contents of housing and guild banks!)

1.) Don't use houses. Houses were not a thing yet when I started doing tradeskills.
2.) Create multiple characters on a single account with each character dedicated to some major tradeskill. These characters should NOT be on the same account as your mains.
3.) Load said characters with tradeskill bags or higher capacity heirloom bags.
4.) Can Use giveitems.mac to partially automate handing off tradeskill items to mules. When you give the wrong item to the wrong mule have that mule put it in shared bank so the correct mule can pick it up and deposit it.
5.) When stacks fill put the full stacks in the mule's bank.
6.) Dump a text file of the mule's inventory to a text file. Name it smartly so it's easy to determine which file belongs to which mule. Use a standard location and format for the text file so they're easy to find and easy to identify. Create an in-game macro button to automatically create these files. I use a button that dumps the file(s) and then camps the character.
7.) Use a good text editor like Notepad++ to open ALL your mule's text files at one time. (Select block of files in Explorer, Right-Click any file, Choose Open with Text Editor.)
8.) Use the text editor's ability to search across all text files for specific items.
9.) BONUS -- A search program like Agent Ransack can also search for specific items across multiple files just as easily as your text editor.

Social button contents:
INI:
Line1=/pause 10, /outputfile inventory C:\EQInventory\Account-Character-Inventory.txt
Line2=/pause 10, /outputfile guildbank C:\EQInventory\Guildname-Inventory.txt
Line3=/pause 10, /outputfile realestate C:\EQInventory\Account-Character-Plot.txt
Line4=/camp server

Thank you, that saved me a ton of work.

[/CODE]

I created 6 Trade skill mules on separate accts. I loaded them all with Extraplanar TS bags. Each mule is used to keep certain trade skill components. I have a Profile for auto loading these mules.

Mule A: The MAIN MAN - General mule. (Pelts / ores / trade skill common items to each trade)
I log him in and deliver all my full bags unsorted to him from my main characters. He keeps these bags in inventory and shared bank slots (12+ bags of stuff before I have to sort). He gives mains new empty bags with every trade. I fill up all slots in his bank with TS bags and then fill up all the bag slots with the items I plan on having him store. Duplicate items in slots are welcome, so you can click full bags on them without accidentally putting something in a bag you do not want there. When his inventory and shared bags are full, I take each bag and hold Ctrl key down and click each bag on each bag in the bank. All like items are then stack together. Then he consolidates what is left and passes to the mule standing next to him. Rinse repeat until all bags are empty and then give all the empty bags back to Mule A.

Mule B: Baking
Mule C Fletching
Mule D Research / Jewel craft
Mule E You get the idea......

Now when my mains go to do trade skills, I load up all the mules and stand them in the bank and use the find search to get the items I need (or Jande's wonderful mac to gather stuff for me) and hand to my mains. If I am doing just one specific trade skill, I only have to load up a few mules at most.

Bonus tip. Use Big Bank windows and Inventory Ui's to help you. 2 of my mules below.

1663275528638.png
1663275549637.png
1663275647277.png

Hope this helps if it is your cup of tea.

If you are using housing, make sure the house owner takes ownership of mats deposited by other toons. if Toon A owns the house and Toon B deposits some mats, Toon B’s mats will not be visible in Toon A’s ‘Find‘ window nor will Toon B’s mats be visible in Toon B’s ‘Find’ window.

Aside: looking at the stacks of 1000 above, I’m trying to free up my house inventory by only keeping massive stacks of things essential to get me to 300. And keeping thousands of restless diamonds or other things that require 5000pp solutions for their recipes is just pointless.

Last edited:
I created 6 Trade skill mules on separate accts. I loaded them all with Extraplanar TS bags. Each mule is used to keep certain trade skill components. I have a Profile for auto loading these mules.

Mule A: The MAIN MAN - General mule. (Pelts / ores / trade skill common items to each trade)
I log him in and deliver all my full bags unsorted to him from my main characters. He keeps these bags in inventory and shared bank slots (12+ bags of stuff before I have to sort). He gives mains new empty bags with every trade. I fill up all slots in his bank with TS bags and then fill up all the bag slots with the items I plan on having him store. Duplicate items in slots are welcome, so you can click full bags on them without accidentally putting something in a bag you do not want there. When his inventory and shared bags are full, I take each bag and hold Ctrl key down and click each bag on each bag in the bank. All like items are then stack together. Then he consolidates what is left and passes to the mule standing next to him. Rinse repeat until all bags are empty and then give all the empty bags back to Mule A.

Mule B: Baking
Mule C Fletching
Mule D Research / Jewel craft
Mule E You get the idea......

Now when my mains go to do trade skills, I load up all the mules and stand them in the bank and use the find search to get the items I need (or Jande's wonderful mac to gather stuff for me) and hand to my mains. If I am doing just one specific trade skill, I only have to load up a few mules at most.

Bonus tip. Use Big Bank windows and Inventory Ui's to help you. 2 of my mules below.

View attachment 41907
View attachment 41908
View attachment 41909

Hope this helps if it is your cup of tea.

Where did you get that UI that puts all the bank bags together like that?

Source : http://eqtoonx.free.fr/inventaires/inventaires.php
A friend use a system like this, export your data from EQ (/Outputfile xxxxxx)
Use Excel/libreOffice/open Office for collect datas from all the exported texte files and import them all in a .xls file.
With Excel you can manage all your inventory, she succeded to auto create an Html page when you just search for something and the page filter everything.
Her goal is to open an html page, start to type the name of an item and the page diplay you the char name, the location (inventory, bank, guild bank) the number of the bag, the slot number in the bag and how many you have.

To sort things, use the bank of 1 char (ever start by this char). Let 1 bag slot empty, if you auto bank something :
IF the char have this item yet, what you have auto bank go to a bag.
If the autobank item go to the empty bag slot, thats mean you do not have this item, OR you have yet a full stack.
Drop the full stack to a didicated mule by the shared bank or by parcel.
Every mule can have his own guild and can acces to 1 guild bank.

If you have more than 2 chars and can not remember who is who, create a database on an Excel file with all your chars names/account number/level/AA/deity/TS level/etc...

So you look for 1 item, search with the .html page, then locat your char on Excel to know where (whitch account) he is on. So you know where to search.

Last edited:
lol yup, that is what kaen and i did, definitely. oh well =p

@kaen01 and i are actually cleaning up all our zliz stuff and we'll post a resource here since we get a lot of requests for it

Thank you my brother. Every patch I scour the forums to see if you updated and posted your zilz’s.

Question - Consolidate dublicate 'bank items across mules?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back