• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
Resource icon

Guide - Conditions and you. Coding tutorial information (1 Viewer)

I want to set up a condition to check if the mob has mana for the spells that drain mana, is there a way to do that?

I first thought to check if it was a caster but SK, RNG, and PAL etc have mana too; plus once I drain their mana there is no point to keep casting it so basically I need the proper code for:

IN DPS DPS1=Mana Drain Spell|Cond1

cond1= {if targets mana >=1}

Thanks in advance.

I want to set up a condition to check if the mob has mana for the spells that drain mana, is there a way to do that?

I first thought to check if it was a caster but SK, RNG, and PAL etc have mana too; plus once I drain their mana there is no point to keep casting it so basically I need the proper code for:

IN DPS DPS1=Mana Drain Spell|Cond1

cond1= {if targets mana >=1}

Thanks in advance.
you don't know if they have mana or not - so there isn't something to do that

many mobs don't need mana to use those things on them either (but there *are* some old world mobs who it doesn't work on). Unfortunately there isn't an indicator

you don't know if they have mana or not - so there isn't something to do that

many mobs don't need mana to use those things on them either (but there *are* some old world mobs who it doesn't work on). Unfortunately there isn't an indicator
Then is there one for mana classes by default? I basically want to use mana drain spells without wasting my time or using more mana than I get back.

Hi everyone!

New to Redguide and scripting in general. I'm particularly green in the coding world; or, in this case, writing conditions.

Though I can write a decent select query at work so long as I don't have to use joins!

My question is this - I'm trying to better understand how the script works. For instance:

[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
Stickhow=snaproll behind 10 moveback uw
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
TargetSwitchingOn=0
MeleeTwistOn=1
MeleeTwistWhat= 1 2 3 4 5
PetTauntOverride=0

• When my tank gets within the camp radius, I've noted that the script runs, my bard jumps in fairly quickly and starts to melee.
  • He keeps his face towards the mob and stays within a certain distance. I understand that to be the point of Assist at through MeleeDistance.
  • Stickhow=snaproll behind 10 moveback uw is something I stole from the forum. At the beginning of combat, my bard reliably finds the mobs back and starts to swing.
  • However, I'm unsure what anything there actually means. For instance, I assume Snaproll behind is what gets the bard in position.
  • I think 10 is a percentage of distance.
  • I'm unsure what moveback uw means. Though I think I saw somewhere that uw might be = to underwater?
  • I assume Autofireon=0 means no autofire. Or I can set it to 1 and my ranger toon or zerker toon will start peppering the target.
  • UseMQ2melee=1 I've come to understand as the force that keeps my bard on the ass of the toon.
  • TargetSwitchingOn=0. The name implies a lot, but unsure what it means. I do know that when my Tank targets a new mob to grab aggro, I'm fairly certain my bard switches right along with him.
  • Meleetwist lets my bard do his thing and
  • Meleetwistwhat = the twist he is using.
  • PetTauntOverride=0 - don't have a pet class in the group, so haven't worried about this one.

The thing is, if I have to reposition to grab new adds, the bard sticks to the mob, but does not reposition themselves to be behind the mob. Alternatively, when the mob starts to run at low health, the bard will stay put instead of repositioning themselves behind the mob.

I eventually want to start a rogue and add them to my little 3 box, but I'm unsure how to get around the fact that he may not automatically reposition themselves.

From this thread, I assume there may be a condition I can create that will check a toons position as compared to their target, but I wouldn't know where to begin.
I'm also curious if there is a condition that could tell your character to not use a skill (backstab) if facing target?

I suspect a lot of this is in these forums, but I've proven myself awful at navigating them. I've looked at some of the TLO but I'm not sure I understand what I'm reading in there.

I'd appreciate any assistance in Understanding more or what resource to use to better understand the arguments/variables.

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!

New to Redguide and scripting in general. I'm particularly green in the coding world; or, in this case, writing conditions.

Though I can write a decent select query at work so long as I don't have to use joins!

My question is this - I'm trying to better understand how the script works. For instance:

[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
Stickhow=snaproll behind 10 moveback uw
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
TargetSwitchingOn=0
MeleeTwistOn=1
MeleeTwistWhat= 1 2 3 4 5
PetTauntOverride=0

• When my tank gets within the camp radius, I've noted that the script runs, my bard jumps in fairly quickly and starts to melee.
  • He keeps his face towards the mob and stays within a certain distance. I understand that to be the point of Assist at through MeleeDistance.
  • Stickhow=snaproll behind 10 moveback uw is something I stole from the forum. At the beginning of combat, my bard reliably finds the mobs back and starts to swing.
  • However, I'm unsure what anything there actually means. For instance, I assume Snaproll behind is what gets the bard in position.
  • I think 10 is a percentage of distance.
  • I'm unsure what moveback uw means. Though I think I saw somewhere that uw might be = to underwater?
  • I assume Autofireon=0 means no autofire. Or I can set it to 1 and my ranger toon or zerker toon will start peppering the target.
  • UseMQ2melee=1 I've come to understand as the force that keeps my bard on the ass of the toon.
  • TargetSwitchingOn=0. The name implies a lot, but unsure what it means. I do know that when my Tank targets a new mob to grab aggro, I'm fairly certain my bard switches right along with him.
  • Meleetwist lets my bard do his thing and
  • Meleetwistwhat = the twist he is using.
  • PetTauntOverride=0 - don't have a pet class in the group, so haven't worried about this one.

The thing is, if I have to reposition to grab new adds, the bard sticks to the mob, but does not reposition themselves to be behind the mob. Alternatively, when the mob starts to run at low health, the bard will stay put instead of repositioning themselves behind the mob.

I eventually want to start a rogue and add them to my little 3 box, but I'm unsure how to get around the fact that he may not automatically reposition themselves.

From this thread, I assume there may be a condition I can create that will check a toons position as compared to their target, but I wouldn't know where to begin.
I'm also curious if there is a condition that could tell your character to not use a skill (backstab) if facing target?

I suspect a lot of this is in these forums, but I've proven myself awful at navigating them. I've looked at some of the TLO but I'm not sure I understand what I'm reading in there.

I'd appreciate any assistance in Understanding more or what resource to use to better understand the arguments/variables.

Thanks in advance!
snaproll behind: yes this is what makes the character move behind. Specifically snaproll means go to the rear of the creature and then turn as opposed to pivoting around the mob.
10 is 10 units of measurement. It's not a percentage, it's an exact distance.
moveback means that if you are close than the 10 mentioned, then moveback until you are.
uw means under water. It's what makes your character look up and down when moving along terrain in an attempt to swim up or down. It works both in and out of water. Also useful for Levitate
All the things in the above questions are part of MQ2MoveUtils plugin.
UseMQ2Melee means use the plugin MQ2Melee with the macro.

Everything in your question list is pretty much specific to kissassist. This particular post is meant to help people with their own conditions and creating them, not so much with how kissassist works. If you want more assistance with kissassist you'll need to post to kissassist section/thread.

CWTN

snaproll behind: yes this is what makes the character move behind. Specifically snaproll means go to the rear of the creature and then turn as opposed to pivoting around the mob.
10 is 10 units of measurement. It's not a percentage, it's an exact distance.
moveback means that if you are close than the 10 mentioned, then moveback until you are.
uw means under water. It's what makes your character look up and down when moving along terrain in an attempt to swim up or down. It works both in and out of water. Also useful for Levitate
All the things in the above questions are part of MQ2MoveUtils plugin.
UseMQ2Melee means use the plugin MQ2Melee with the macro.

Everything in your question list is pretty much specific to kissassist. This particular post is meant to help people with their own conditions and creating them, not so much with how kissassist works. If you want more assistance with kissassist you'll need to post to kissassist section/thread.

CWTN

Thank you! Much appreciated! I will follow up there and come back to conditions once I've "leveled up" a little!

Hello everyone!!! I need some help with setting up a condition or three. Here's the situation: Running 4 Necros. Each has a specific job to do in the group. The thing I would like to do is have one Necro cast darkness line (slow) then Fear. What I need is to set a condition that will let me determine if the mob that is targeted by the MA is Undead or other and then cast the appropriate Fear spell ( Fear or Spook the Dead). g

I have set up in a hotkey /echo ${Target.Body.Name} which returns animal, monster, undead ect. So that part kind of works. This is where I get confused in making a condition that will take that information if its undead cast Spook the Dead and if it is some other type cast regular Fear.

I thank you for any help.

Zeb
How to set up a condition in EverQuest to cast the appropriate Fear spell (Fear or Spook the Dead) based on whether the mob is Undead or other? I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks

/cast ${If[${Target.Body.Name.Equal[Undead]},1,2]}
assuming Spook the Dead is Gem 1, and Fear is Gem 2. But honestly you could just use fear on both of them.

Guide - Conditions and you. Coding tutorial information

Users who are viewing this thread

Back