• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Concerning Seeking the Sorcerer mission (1 Viewer)

Wurmdal

RedCents
980¢
Hello everyone,

I 've watched the video made by Sic on Seeking the Sorcerer and decided I could give it a try. I've died three times in a row. I really don't understand considering what Sic says about his toons. My team is 115, with ToV t3 crafted gears, not full AA but full for what is important (AC, HP, healing, all the focus i use, the synergies, etc), Velium infused weapons or Ice encrusted, a good deal of Rk 2 spells and abilities, maybe I forget something. The thing is I don't have a clue considering the easiness shown by Sic's toons. Just bad luck ? Or I am missing something. I should also say i have the same group with the CWTN plugins.
On a side note my bard on Kissassist isn't casting his aura anymore. If i cast it manually, it appears on the his aura window, but not in the song window of any toon. Should have add that i have a toothache.......pretty f. day !

As it could be of interest for futur newbies like me, this is what I've done : first mob only my bard was burning (because i didn't remember how to turn off with Kissassist - turns to be useful maybe) and my zerks and shammy used a glyph of destruction. Second fight i've burned. Third i used the tank glyph on my SK. And voilà.
but the item in the world wouldn't be "iron ration"

they end up being something like 'Generic (sm)' i believe because they're the little baggie

Oh ok. So next time i will try the macro. Thanks.

Ok, i did it by brute force, with three glyphs. But guess what ? I can't find Velketor, never put foot on this dungeon. Is there a timer for this kind of mission or have i time to find my way ? Definitely dumb...
Edit: found him. The loot isn't great but i'm glad as you could imagine. FYI my DPS versus the last mob were poor. 433K for the SK 665 and 669 for the berzs, 708 for my BL, 317 for the shammy and 179 for the bard who was mezzing.
Thanks again for all your inputs and advices.
after the mobs are dead
/tar velk
/nav target

anyways, hes down the spiral stairs below :) congratz on passing it!

So many things i don't know. Thta's pretty cool thanks. I'm buying augs right now :-)
it is a really good habit to use things like /nav spawn name and not /target and then /nav target

targeting a mob, which might potentially be untargetable due to distance or line of sight is a "dead give away" and something that should be avoided if you can

doing a direct /nav spawn velk would instantly start you running to the first spawn it finds with "velk" in it, and do so without targeting it

As it could be of interest for futur newbies like me, this is what I've done : first mob only my bard was burning (because i didn't remember how to turn off with Kissassist - turns to be useful maybe) and my zerks and shammy used a glyph of destruction. Second fight i've burned. Third i used the tank glyph on my SK. And voilà.

Oh ok. So next time i will try the macro. Thanks.
Congrats. It gets easier after you do it a few times.

it is a really good habit to use things like /nav spawn name and not /target and then /nav target

targeting a mob, which might potentially be untargetable due to distance or line of sight is a "dead give away" and something that should be avoided if you can

doing a direct /nav spawn velk would instantly start you running to the first spawn it finds with "velk" in it, and do so without targeting it

Good to know. Game is getting funnier these days, thanks to you guys !

Ok i'm dumb. I've tried the macro with an iron ration and it said "no item targeted, use itemtarget <theid> before issuing a /click left|right command". I don't know what "theid" mean. What's gone wrong ? To be specific i did :
/itemtarget iron ration
/pause 10, /click left item
/autoinv

Edit : i did put a space between pause and 10 :)
YEP what sic said, to test it with an iron ration u would need to drop it on the ground

believe me if u copy those line by line and past into a in game macro they work. ive been using it for over a year now.

Ok, i did it by brute force, with three glyphs. But guess what ? I can't find Velketor, never put foot on this dungeon. Is there a timer for this kind of mission or have i time to find my way ? Definitely dumb...
Edit: found him. The loot isn't great but i'm glad as you could imagine. FYI my DPS versus the last mob were poor. 433K for the SK 665 and 669 for the berzs, 708 for my BL, 317 for the shammy and 179 for the bard who was mezzing.
Thanks again for all your inputs and advices.
he is downstairs, if you go down the stairs int he center area he is in a room

Hello, being able now to do Seeking the Sorcerer, what other mission should i try next ?
I'm super motivated because i've realized today - thanks again to Sic - that ToV augs were not lore !!! It explains a lot and why i was dubious of attaining such high score on Hdex that you guys have.
Edit : what is the timer on these missions ?

Timer is 6 hours iirc.

I'm waiting on the new expansion to give me CoV so I can't speak to that (had a baby last fall and heard CoV was meh when I could play again so skipped it), but I'd move on to any other ToV missions you haven't done. Griklor is the easiest, Restless Assault takes a while but trivial once you know how it works, Seeking the Sorcerer I'd put third, and Icebound Avatar is the toughest. IA took me a while to practice at and get set up for. There's a thread here about it with some great tips, including an mq2events file for it that I would link, but the search says it's not working atm.

It definitely gets easier, the first time I did it, I used Glyph's on all my character's and an enhanced campfire. I dropped the camp fire after a few successes, and then some before eventually all the glyphs. All said, sometimes there is just bad luck on this or any mission, be it a moment of lag, or a bad round. things will go south and it can be harder to recover in these fast events with a box crew then real players.

I've just wiped in the Sorcerer. A bit tired i forgot to click "burn named off" in the beginning, the glyphes weren't enough :) Plus yesterday i went linkdead in Griklor, so no experience recovery for me...
Thanks for your inputs. There is a video by Sic for Avatar. Restless Assault, i've only seen a video made by a guy playing with humans, not a boxer. It seems to me hard to roam in the mountain chasing multiple giants and worgs, but we'll see.

It seems to me hard to roam in the mountain chasing multiple giants and worgs, but we'll see.

This is where the "follow me" button in group window and watching stuff move around on the map come in clutch. These are on by default as far as I know. Might be easier for some to pull to a central location, but I find it easier to move the whole group.

Damned ! Yes i'm supposed to know it, but didn't think in the moment. I've took the habit of summoning with my SK, in that case i couldn't obiouvsly.
And i know for the follow button ;)

Question - Concerning Seeking the Sorcerer mission

Users who are viewing this thread

Back