• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Compiling & Auth code issues- C1083 error (1 Viewer)

Slappx

RedCents
I'm confused at this point. Very very confused. I'm somewhat computer savy but things just keep going wrong for me with this. I followed the wiki link, on the MQ2 forums, site and couldnt get VC++ 6.0 or VC++ .net to install at all. So i tried VS2005 Express. Everything worked fine until i had to compile the files and it gave me a C1083 error. I looked on the troubleshooting part and all it told me was that i suck and i didnt follow directions, but i did follow them down to the last detail. Have been sitting at my comp for 8 hours today and many more last night trying to get this to work. Email me or send me an IM if i am on so you can step me through this and i can go about actually playing eq again.

if you would be up for posting the entire error message you'd probably get more help. the error # itself doesnt really help heh.

only things i can think of: did you remember to run mq2auth.exe? and did you remember to compile mq2main before the rest?

other than that i cant really guess unless if its a problem with how you setup visual c++ 2005 express and that development kit you're supposed to also install.

VC2005 Express doesn't have the Microsoft Platform SDK libraries.
You need these to compile MQ2 Here is a step by step on how to do it. Copied from microsofts website.
Rich (BB code):
Using Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition with the Microsoft Platform SDK

By Brian Johnson, 
Microsoft Corporation

You can use Visual C++ Express to build powerful .NET Framework applications immediately after installation. In order to use Visual C++ Express to build Win32 applications, you'll need to take just a few more steps. I'll list the steps necessary for building Win32 applications using Visual C++ Express.

Step 1: Install Visual C++ Express.

If you haven't done so already, install Visual C++ Express.

Step 2: Install the Microsoft Platform SDK. 

Install the Platform SDK over the Web from the Download Center. Follow the instructions and install the SDK for the x86 platform.

Step 3: Update the Visual C++ directories in the Projects and Solutions section in the Options dialog box. 

Add the paths to the appropriate subsection:

Executable files: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Bin

Include files: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include

Library files: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Lib

Note: Alternatively, you can update the Visual C++ Directories by modifying the VCProjectEngine.dll.express.config file located in the \vc\vcpackages subdirectory of the Visual C++ Express install location. Please make sure that you also delete the file "vccomponents.dat" located in the "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\VCExpress\8.0" if it exists before restarting Visual C++ Express Edition. 

Step 4: Update the corewin_express.vsprops file.

One more step is needed to make the Win32 template work in Visual C++ Express. You need to edit the corewin_express.vsprops file (found in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCProjectDefaults) and

Change the string that reads:

AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib" to

AdditionalDependencies="kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib"

Step 5: Generate and build a Win32 application to test your paths. 

In Visual C++ Express, the Win32 Windows Application type is disabled in the Win32 Application Wizard. To enable that type, you need to edit the file AppSettings.htm file located in the folder “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\VCWizards\AppWiz\Generic\Application\html\1033\".

In a text editor comment out lines 441 - 444 by putting a // in front of them as shown here:

// WIN_APP.disabled = true;
// WIN_APP_LABEL.disabled = true; 
// DLL_APP.disabled = true; 
// DLL_APP_LABEL.disabled = true; 

Save and close the file and open Visual C++ Express. 

From the File menu, click New Project. In the New Project dialog box, expand the Visual C++ node in the Product Types tree and then click Win32. Click on the Win32 Console Application template and then give your project a name and click OK. In the Win32 Application Wizard dialog box, make sure that Windows application is selected as the Application type and the ATL is not selected. Click the Finish button to generate the project. 

As a final step, test your project by clicking the Start button in the IDE or by pressing F5. Your Win32 application should build and run.

Noobhaxor

Rich (BB code):
------ Build started: Project: MQ2Main, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling... 
MQ2Windows.cpp
c:\program files\sony\macroquest3\mq2main\MQ2Main.h(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
MQ2Utilities.cpp
c:\program files\sony\macroquest3\mq2main\MQ2Main.h(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
MQ2Spawns.cpp
MQ2Pulse.cpp
MQ2PluginHandler.cpp
MQ2ParseAPI.cpp
MQ2Mouse.cpp
MQ2Main.cpp
MQ2MacroCommands.cpp
MQ2KeyBinds.cpp
MQ2Globals.cpp
MQ2DInput.cpp
MQ2DetourAPI.cpp
MQ2DataVars.cpp
MQ2DataTypes.cpp
MQ2DataAPI.cpp
MQ2Data.cpp
MQ2Commands.cpp
MQ2CommandAPI.cpp
MQ2CleanUI.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
MQ2ChatHook.cpp
MQ2Benchmarks.cpp
MQ2Auth.cpp
EQClasses.cpp
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2Main\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2Main - 24 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2Map, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2MapCommands.cpp
c:\program files\sony\macroquest3\MQ2Main/MQ2Main.h(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
MQ2MapAPI.cpp
c:\program files\sony\macroquest3\MQ2Main/MQ2Main.h(33) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'windows.h': No such file or directory
MQ2Map.cpp
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2Map\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2Map - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2Telnet, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
WinTelnet.cpp
.\WinTelnet.cpp(1) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
TelnetServer.cpp
.\TelnetServer.cpp(3) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
mq2telnet.cpp
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\mq2telnet\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2Telnet - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2Labels, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2Labels.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2Labels\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2Labels - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2ItemDisplay, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2ItemDisplay.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2ItemDisplay\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2ItemDisplay - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2Irc, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2Irc.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2Irc\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2Irc - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2HUD, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2HUD.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2HUD\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2HUD - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2EQIM, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2EQIM.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2EQIM\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2EQIM - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2EQBugFix, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2EQBugFix.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2EQBugFix\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2EQBugFix - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2CustomBinds, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2CustomBinds.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2CustomBinds\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2CustomBinds - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2ChatWnd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2ChatWnd.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2ChatWnd\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2ChatWnd - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2Chat, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2Chat.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2Chat\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2Chat - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
------ Build started: Project: MQ2Bzsrch, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
Compiling...
MQ2Bzsrch.cpp
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Program Files\Sony\Macroquest3\MQ2Bzsrch\Intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
MQ2Bzsrch - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 13 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
That is what it gives me. I have run MQ2auth.exe and gotten the file that follows, but it still says my computer isn't authorized. I changed the AdditionalDependencies=kernel.32..... and all that. MQ2main.dll im not sure about as i just looked and can't find it. It must have been just another one of the many problems i encountered. I will agree with some of the other noobs. Most of the guides leave a lot to be inferred (no offense in anyway). If i remember anything else ill reply again.

Last edited by a moderator:
So one of the main parts i got stuck on is C:\programfiles\microsoftSDK\SetEnv.bat ... That file doesnt seem to exist at all and i dont know where to get it from. I do, however, have a file named SetEnv.cmd where the .bat is supposed to be. Will it work just the same?

Ok so i got so frustrated at having gotten nowhere that i deleted everything and started over. Somehow it worked and everything is gravey now. The first day i got my subscription here i downloaded a shaman macro to see how they worked. I tried to read and follow the pattern of the code and i actually made a working macro on my own without any prior knowledge of how to. It works flawlessly in every aspect i put in it and i have not had a single error. Going to see if i can get the afk ber/shm macro to work but netiher of my chars are AD lair flagged so it will be a bit tricky placing them there. I believe that same macro also uses a warp tool to go from mob to mob. I'm guessing its a plugin i have to load. Thanks for the help everybody. I can finally start coding my own macros. I look forward to posting lots of them.

I had a problem similar to that when I had installed some SDK stuff prior to installing VC++.NET. I ended up finding the windows.h file, and copying it to the folder it was looking for it in, and worked ever sence.

Compiling & Auth code issues- C1083 error

Users who are viewing this thread

Back