• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Command to track what NPC said something (1 Viewer)

RedCents
286¢
I'm trying to write something to handle Narandi for me, and on Lavishscript I would know exactly how to do it, set up a trigger when a NPC says 'a pool of water appearing', the trigger would be passed the ID of the actor that said it, and then I could set my target to whatever ID wasn't the one to say it. I can't find what command would do something like that on MQ though. The closest I could find is #Event, but how can I pass along the spawn ID that triggered the event?

Think of event like a capture. You can grab the chat test for anything that "says" something, but that's not associated with a spawn in any way. If they are named differently then you can grab that and do something based on it not being that, but that's all done from your macro rather than getting a spawn ID directly.

The server just sends down the chat text as it is shown in the window it sounds like (no hidden “this is the spawn that said this” ID information is attached). Hmm, I wonder if the blue circle would show up in any other way - guess I could make a macro to spew out any spawn properties it might be, and see if anything changes with the spawn when the blue circle appears.

Question - Command to track what NPC said something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back