• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Command to mute sound volume (1 Viewer)

you can add a text file to your EQ directory, nosound.txt. It's an empty text file that stops EQ from loading sound at all. If you want sound back, you need to rename/delete the nousound.txt and restart EQ.

you can add a text file to your EQ directory, nosound.txt. It's an empty text file that stops EQ from loading sound at all. If you want sound back, you need to rename/delete the nousound.txt and restart EQ.

Thank you, that is good info but Im looking to dynamically mute the sound. Basically hit a command to mute it and then be able to unmute it when I need without editing a file. I dont know if this exists though.

Couldn't you just make MQ2 manipulate the window for you? I don't actively play much anymore, but I did load in to see what the commands would be.
To set all volume elements to zero, I think it would be:

/if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_soundrealismvaluelabel].Text.NotEqual[0 %]}) /notify optionswindow ogp_soundrealismslider newvalue 0
/if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_musicvolumevaluelabel].Text.NotEqual[0 %]}) /notify optionswindow ogp_musicvolumeslider newvalue 0
/if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_soundvolumevaluelabel].Text.NotEqual[0 %]}) /notify optionswindow ogp_soundvolumeslider newvalue 0
/if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_envsoundscheckbox].Checked}) /notify optionswindow ogp_envsoundscheckbox leftmouseup
/if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_combatmusiccheckbox].Checked}) /notify optionswindow ogp_combatmusiccheckbox leftmouseup

You could put those on a social and just hit the social to turn off the sound. You could build a second social to reset the volume values as well, depending on how high you want to set the sliders.
It looks like sliders a multiplicative by 5 and integer based, so just think of it as a 1-20 scale with increments of 5...ie newvalue 3 would set slider to 15, etc.
Your second hotkey, if you set the sound realism, music volume and sound volume to 25 would be:

/if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_soundrealismvaluelabel].Text.Equal[0 %]}) /notify optionswindow ogp_soundrealismslider newvalue 5
/if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_musicvolumevaluelabel].Text.Equal[0 %]}) /notify optionswindow ogp_musicvolumeslider newvalue 5
/if (${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_soundvolumevaluelabel].Text.Equal[0 %]}) /notify optionswindow ogp_soundvolumeslider newvalue 5
/if (!${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_envsoundscheckbox].Checked}) /notify optionswindow ogp_envsoundscheckbox leftmouseup
/if (!${Window[optionswindow].Child[ogp_combatmusiccheckbox].Checked}) /notify optionswindow ogp_combatmusiccheckbox leftmouseup

Last edited:
Question - Command to mute sound volume

Users who are viewing this thread

Back