• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Coming Back after 2 or 3 years...thx Corona lol (1 Viewer)

Zeeeeeee

RedCents
623¢
So...i quit when EoK was out...i was lvl 105 with a full group of bots and im very lost nowadays lol

berskers was top dps that time and i was pissed cause i couldnt do so much dmg with my rogue, my main was ranger and wiz was nice with enchanter but i changed for zerker...i loved bst in group after i traded for shaman...

So...how are the thing nowadays? zerker still op? ranger can use bows for dps or not?

Zerker remains OP. See the MQ2Berzerker plugin for some reference.

But there's still a lot of options. A lot has changed in the MQ2 community as development has picked up on a lot of things in the past couple of years.

MQ2Mule is a thing for muleassist.mac which is something that's currently in testing. There's a lot of good things coming with that.

MQ2EQWire is a great utility to reduce cpu/gpu usage on systems.

I have a few class plugins created include mq2monk, rogue, war, zerker. Also in testing currently is mq2eskay, mq2bst, and mq2cleric.

IHC has seen a change of hands and is now a community development effort.

Core has made it's way to Redguides and exspes is working on entropy.

Few new plugins such as MQ2Relocate, MQ2TSTrophy, MQ2Status

Resources came to light as Redbot went through the immense effort of updating the website. Resources offer you a structured way of finding macros, plugins, INI's for class for various macros, and even something as simple as new maps for eq.

We have all the meshes at redguides now. Including an updater that comes with Very Vanilla, so that you can download the meshes for all zones already generated.

So much more, it's hard to keep track of it all.

For rangers, I got a pwr level the other day from a ranger of all things. Headshot was pretty beastly. Though I'm not sure how their overall gameplay is with bows.

Welcome back. Things hit a lot harder than they did in eok so make yourself a beefy tank. They also have a lot more hps. Rogues can do some really good deeps now as well but most say the zerks are still king. As for ranger I'm sorry I can't help any. I never got mine to do as well as I would have liked so they were retired an xpac ago. They weren't terrible, just not great. I wouldn't be surprised if someone that had one as a main couldn't do well with one. My main gripe was running out of mana. I didn't have the best gear, group t2 tbl, and wasn't max aa so that could be part of it.

Rangers can put up very good sustained dps with bows. Not zerker good, but good.

Thx you all for the replies....nice to hear the new things, ive been testing the IHC which is very use to use with any class...i see that now we have a lot of ranger's ini's with bows and im not seeing the ranger jumping on mobs to melee that i used to see using kiss years ago...good thing and thank lord it changed because i love ranger using bows...

im about to change my wizard for another zerker (already replaced my enchanter for one zerker and now thinking about getting a second one)...im thinking of this setup: ranger (my main), bst, wiz (future change for zerker), zerk, clr, warrior...bst i remember i had to replace for my shammy, which was my second favorite toon after ranger, but was a little bit useless in group...

I will be doing some tests and see what redguides have out there (its like a sea of knowledge)...ive seeing some macros/plugins that i cant download if you do not pay for them...is it new? i dont really remember seeing this before...is there a trial for them? i dont leave in USA, so sometimes 10, 20 dollars can be a little expensive for me down here in Brazil, so i would love to test b4 paying for them...

For now, thx you all....U guys rock!!!

All of my class plugins are free on test. You're welcome to hop on test and give it a go for any of the available classes.
MQ2Eskay, MQ2Cleric, MQ2Bst are all available as part of the live VV without paying while I'm developing them.
MQ2BerZerker, MQ2Rogue, MQ2War, and MQ2Monk are $20 each, but again available to use for free on test.

You can /testcopy your character and jump on test to give them a go.

Discussion - Coming Back after 2 or 3 years...thx Corona lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back