• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • There was a hotfixtoday. DO NOT PATCH EQ or you'll have to wait for the next MQ update (no ETA). You can play without the patch by using patchme or autologin (preferred). If you've already patched EQ you're out of luck, unless you find someone to share the older eqgame.exe (don't ask here).

CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile v1.1 (12-1-2005 build) (1 Viewer)

It's just an updated source from the MQ2 devs. There shouldn't be another EQ patch any time soon, at least not that we know of yet.

-CodeCaster

As great as all the information is I almost hate to ask for more...but can I get a copy of all the commands in one file. If I print the page most blocks are truncated. If you already have them in one file that would be great, if not don't then don't worry about it. I will copy them from here into one file myself.

Thx

I'm sorry... I don't have them all in one file. It took me like 2 weeks to research all of this information and format it the way you see it now, so all I really have is the source code to the post itself which is full of vBCode tags.

I do intend to create a PDF at some point, tho. That might not happen until I get to Iraq and I have LOTS of time on my hands tho. ;)

-CodeCaster

Did you unload the plugin, then reload it? Because that's a bug with the plugin they never fixed... If you unload it, then load it again, you will CTD. I'll take a look at it.

*edit* - /docrackwnd does work for sure... Tested on all 3 of my machines. Try unloading MQ2, reboot to clean out your memory, load MQ2/EQ and try it again. It should work if you start over from scratch. Sometimes upgrading to a new release (especially if you copied it in while playing EQ) will screw you up. :(

Let me know if it works for you.

-CodeCaster

First off, I'd like to thank you for this great compile Code, you've done an awsome job and the documentation really makes using all those yummy plugins great.

Now, I would like to use the mq2doors plugin but there doesn't seem to be a DLL by that name in my MQ2 directory or the compile archive.

There is a /door command, but is that part of the MQ2 main?

Sorry about that. It appears I did everything but add the damn project to the solution. :o Fixed.

-CodeCaster

Over all the compile really looks great Codecaster. Nice and organized. And I like how you kept most the plugins simple

Ok here's the problem I'm having. When I used codecomplie 1.0 the /zone feature in rwarp worked great, but now ehrn I try to /zone to eastcorlach, westcorlach, drachnidhive, corathus, corathusb, etc anything in that area I get Bad Zone.ShortName. Suggest: xxx. Now I am typing it in EXACTLY as the suggestion, and I still get this error! This is killing me! Help!

ARGH!$#@%#$% I forgot to update the offset that dictates the total number of zones in the game.... I have to leave for work in 15 minutes, so I will update it tonight and upload it. I am on a field op this week tho so I might not get home till Like midnight PST :(

-CodeCaster

Yeah /gank will work, but you have to make yourself a supplement macro to get it going. Since /itemtarget doesn't work the way it used to, you actually have to /itemtarget, then /target id ${ItemTarget} to use /gank. At least, I think that should work. Try it and let me know. :)

I will try to get that DoDH zones issue fixed tonight. Keep checking the thread for updates.

-CodeCaster

*edit* - Fixed it.

Last edited:
Ok CodeCaster.... new problem, lol. When trying to /zone to kithicor, or even west commonlands, I get the "Your Home Zone is unavailable, going back to Character Selection Screen!" error. Is this something that might have gone screwy when you were fixing the DoDH zones?

Hey code thanks for the great compile bro, just want to let you know /size is crashing me... 3 times in a row so far....no clue why thou, anything would help.

Reasons I like the sizer
/rs wanna see something funny
/rs[response1] sure!
/rs[response2] of course
/plugin MQ2size
/rs Bard Pull, Incoming <Quarm> kill him before he makes me angry
/rs You wouldnt like me <Quarm> when I'm angry.. too late
/size 90
/g BARD SMASH!

Except no one but you see's the size changes, and if you use MQ2 in front of non MQ2 users you ought to be banned from any MQ2 related board forever.
:)

i noticed in the update file at toon select there is a coment about ctd when changing chars, any chance you can do the fix listed there?

Last edited:
Hey guys... I promise I am going to look at all of these issues just as soon as I can, but I am on a field operation this week and am spending 18+ hours a day at work. If I can't get it done during the week, it will be done before the weekend is out for sure.

Thanks for your patience. :)

-CodeCaster

So yeah uh.... I said all that before I knew there was going to be a patch. :mad:

As soon as the latest build of MQ is available, it will be up here with all the fixes in place I am capable of making to the code. I'm even going to try to make CGank compatible with the new /itemtarget, but I can't make any promises that I will have enough time for that this week. Keep checking back here!

-CodeCaster

D.K.A.A and Lax are the only ones (that i know of) that have the programs/information to build MQ2. so we just wait for them to release the files and then we build them

ss44 said:
D.K.A.A and Lax are the only ones (that i know of) that have the programs/information to build MQ2. so we just wait for them to release the files and then we build them

That's not true, you have the same things lax and dkaa have, they just know what to do with them.

IamBigDaddy said:
As great as all the information is I almost hate to ask for more...but can I get a copy of all the commands in one file. If I print the page most blocks are truncated. If you already have them in one file that would be great, if not don't then don't worry about it. I will copy them from here into one file myself.

Thx
Someone say PDF? :)

Wow is badrent coming back to the community? I haven't seen any posts by him in a long while!

Welcome back!

CodeCaster's MQ2 Compile v1.1 (12-1-2005 build)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back