• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Client crashing as soon as I login (1 Viewer)

afortner87

RedCents
1,110¢
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not for this question but does anybody else have any problems logging in a character and immediately as soon as they log in they crash to the desktop? Only one of my characters does that and I noticed that his inventory is full as soon as he logs in and there is an item on his cursor I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or but any help would be appreciated thank you

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post or not for this question but does anybody else have any problems logging in a character and immediately as soon as they log in they crash to the desktop? Only one of my characters does that and I noticed that his inventory is full as soon as he logs in and there is an item on his cursor I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or but any help would be appreciated thank you
I get dropped to desktop a lot when an item is on my cursor, the game tries to put it in inventory and my inventory is full. It does not happen 100% of the time but often enough that I try and leave at least a few spots open all the time. I would unload macroquest and log in to clear your cursor.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I get dropped to desktop a lot when an item is on my cursor, the game tries to put it in inventory and my inventory is full. It does not happen 100% of the time but often enough that I try and leave at least a few spots open all the time. I would unload macroquest and log in to clear your cursor.

Good luck!
So I have tried both logging in manually to EQ without having MQ loaded at all and I tried it with MQ loaded . I can't seem to figure out what is happening . Because it boots me out to the desktop as soon as it logs in .

What I can tell from this, you need to try clean the log, or any other files you got for this char. Or delete em.
Try log's first.
Take backups first, then just delete...
you can do this by finding em on windowns search, or looking in EQ files with you char name.
Just remember, do not delete before backing up(take copies).

I remember this happening to me once before. It was a memory issue and corrupt file in EQ directory.
I would re-patch (file fix) the EQ directory and check your your computer RAM if its not being used up by something else

You stated that only one character crashes. And that character has a full inventory. I would suspect the new UI elements are giving you a problem. Perhaps edit your eqclient.ini file and toggle the setting
UseNewUIEngine=0 .

If it's a "0" make it a "1" or the inverse.

Remember to make the change without EQ running so it takes effect the next time you start a client.

So I was messing around and it ended up being my character_server.ini file in the EQ directory that was corrupted I guess. I ended up deleting that file and the character started right up with no problems . Only thing I had To do when logging in was either copy one of my other characters layouts or just redo all the windows and socials manually. Other than that works like a charm . Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate it.

I was having crazy crashes. Zoning and opening map, using illusion clickies you name it. I loaded Sic/Kaen Zliz and I am having zero crashes(except one that I can reproduce 100% of the time, but I avoid doing so). Their work on the UI is similar to what I have used for years so it wasn't a big change. I am just happy to not seeing the crash message and having to reload clients! Thanks Gents you rock :rock:

EDIT: Also the double image on cursor is gone!

Problem - Client crashing as soon as I login

Users who are viewing this thread

Back