• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Cleric Offense skill? Gaining (1 Viewer)

nijhal

RedCents
10¢
Anyone know any tricks for upping a 70 clerics offense skill who hasent fought before? Right now I have 0 in offense and want to max it out. Im using the pet trick to up defense, but could use a good idea for upping offense with the same ease. Any tricks or ideas?

Just find a low delay weapon, preferably with low dmg and whack away at a pet placed on hold. You'll gain the weapon skill and offense at the same time, throw a bard into the clerics group for some sweet haste to speed things up.

I like to use a shammy, you have the pet to fight, all the sweet buffs, and the heals. Easiest thing in the world to macro it up so everyone stays healed and buffed. After leveling up to 75 in an afk MM it takes about 2 hours to max all skills this way afk. I just grab a rusty (whatever) for each weapon type and go nuts.

Oddly enough, SoE provided you with a most excellent tool for practicing begging, intimidation, offense, combat and pickpocket (that we found).

The Guild Banner.

I suspect the fellowship fires may work as well, but I did not try it. On a raid last night we were able to use (and gain skill) in each of those skiljs against the guild banner. As of last night: we had some upping skills in the mid-high 100's (130-180).

Duel someone with pet hold and run this.

Rich (BB code):
Sub Main

/declare StartZone string outer
    /varset StartZone ${Zone.ShortName}

:DoOnce
    /if (!${Plugin[mq2moveutils].Name.Length}) /squelch /plugin mq2moveutils
    /target pet
    /stick 10

:ForeverLoop
    /if (${Target.PctHPs}<30 && ${Me.Combat}) /attack off
    /if (${Target.PctHPs}>98 && !${Me.Combat}) /attack on
    | End macro if we're not in the zone we started in.
    /if (!${Zone.ShortName.Equal[${StartZone}]}) /endmacro
    | End macro if we're not targeting a pet.
    /if (!${Target.Type.Equal[pet]}) /endmacro
    /delay 1s
/goto :ForeverLoop

/return

-SimpleMynd

Mirloc said:
Oddly enough, SoE provided you with a most excellent tool for practicing begging, intimidation, offense, combat and pickpocket (that we found).

The Guild Banner.

I suspect the fellowship fires may work as well, but I did not try it. On a raid last night we were able to use (and gain skill) in each of those skiljs against the guild banner. As of last night: we had some upping skills in the mid-high 100's (130-180).
NICE FIND!!

Well, I thank everyone for their feedback. I really wanted info on this to do it while MQ2 was down, so macros were kinda out of the question. I should have wrote that. What I did find though and how I did it to train 1hb, which should work for any who can use this weapon which has a low delay and dmg of 1, from this quest.

And I did fight a 70 shammy pet on pet hold and could afk it and not have to worry about pet dying cause the weapon dmg was so low.

Cleric Offense skill? Gaining

Users who are viewing this thread

Back