• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Chronic Crashing (LS) (1 Viewer)

RedCents
750¢
I am not sure if this is a RG thing, an EQ issue, or if I am the only one, but it is nearly impossible for me to zone without at least one of my six-box crew members crashing. Sometimes it's a straight up crash, other times EQ just disappears completely and it takes me a moment to realize one of my toons is gone. 90 percent of the time it is isolated to zoning into Laurion's Inn, but not always. This could just be a coincidence because I more frequently zone into this zone to get elsewhere. However, it just happened again zoning into Ankexfen Keep. Last night it happened in GH engaging the parcel merchant (not sure if its connected). It's to the point where if I have to zone I expect a crash, which usually happens.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, and if so, do I assume waiting for an fix update is my course of action (EQ or RG). If its just me then I need to figure this out, as its becoming intolerable.

Two things:
1. are you on Test? There is some weird memory leak happening when you zone multiple toons at once.
2. Are you fully Patched? There was a zoning crash related to Maps and Spawns etc but that was resolved a few weeks ago.

Two things:
1. are you on Test? There is some weird memory leak happening when you zone multiple toons at once.
2. Are you fully Patched? There was a zoning crash related to Maps and Spawns etc but that was resolved a few weeks ago.

I am not on Test, and yes, I am patched.

Sounds like I am the only one experiencing this, so I will dig further.

Try it without MQ being loaded. And see if it is related to MQ that way. If it is, start isolating what plugins, luas or macros might be the cause. Another thing is make sure your AV has exclusions for the Everquest, Macroquest and Redguides folders. I have seen AV just go rogue before, and start doing weird things to files in these folders.

Problem - Chronic Crashing (LS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back