• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Chat Window Filters (1 Viewer)

RedCents
216¢
Anyone know if there are in-game keyboard commands to change your chat window filters? Already discovered that you can't modify the UI file and do a simple UI reload to change them, so figured this was the next best thing to check.

I just make a couple chat windows and set the filters via right click in the chat bar for each one. Cumbersome.
Yeah, I know. I was hoping to make this easier somehow, but without a keyboard command the only way is offline. Game saves chat filters to the UI file when you exit to character select.

It's possible to do something that gives a nicer listing of what goes to what window though. And maybe if I have enough time I'll come up with something for that.

I'm surprised editing the ChannelMap0 sections in the INI didn't work.
It does. Just isn't dynamic. Or very specific about which one maps to which one. You can change them offline, but you have to be no further than character select for it to stick. A ui reload doesn't do anything, and the moment you log to character select, it overwrites with what the server has.

I tend to get 1 character the way I want it and then /copylayout everyone else.

Also, the tanks on one exe and ini and the bots on a separate one using the guide that is around here worked really well.

What are you trying to change dynamically?

ETA: If you are changing filters to chat windows, then I can't see an easy way to do it dynamically. Those context popup windows are difficult to interact with as they don't have a name.

What are you trying to change dynamically?

ETA: If you are changing filters to chat windows, then I can't see an easy way to do it dynamically. Those context popup windows are difficult to interact with as they don't have a name.
I was thinking it would be nice to have an interface to modify chat filters that wouldn't be A) painful to navigate and B) disappear after each change.

And I agree with that last statement.

Question - Chat Window Filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back