• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Charm Kiting : 27-70 Bard Mad XP (Uniquipped) (Macro request included) (1 Viewer)

Infernal

RedCents
100¢
It has come to my attention that bards seem to have a very big advantage since they can cast (songs) while moving. So since we get a charm song at 27 (and i believe you can cast on mobs up to 10 levels over you or most) I have been able to fight in zones like DSP. Charming Red con wolves and throwing them into other wolves and vise versa, once both wolves are low on hp, i will charm the higher hp one and then snare/nuke the low one to keep aggro and have him running at me (+snare). Then once its dead, i run w/ the other on my back to grab a new full health wolf and put him on the low health. At this point you (*Rinse and Repeat*) lol, you basicly keep doing this, iv been able to solo and lvl pritty damn fast (keep in mind this is with no items) So you could do some serious XP'ing w/out any items!

Macro is possible for this but it will require some heavy work and /warp (locations). But it is totally possible, would be nice to see if anyone can mod this strategy to make it better or create a macro for this that will make it worth while. So far, when i am not macroing i do this with my bard, mad XP too if you use it right :D

please post your questions, comments, concerns :cool:

Last edited:
Re: 27-70 Bard Mad XP (Uniquipped) (Macro request included)

This might need to be moved to: EQ1 Strategies & Cheats
I accidently posted in: EQ1 Questions & Requests

If you want a bard charm kite macro i could make one, i've been putting it off untill i hit lvl 70 because right now at lvl 65 our charm spell can only charm up to 57. Currently the xp i get chanting mobs down is faster than swarm kiting, sadly. plus at lvl 70 you'll need to get within 30' to charm the mob.

Last edited:

ouch, hmm well if you ever get bored or something, im not thinking of using it, but i will test it out. Just trying to help the others out there that might night have money/pp to equip their characters, this is a nice way to start from scratch. (I have to with my bard, i re-activated accnt. :) )

Wow, i'd like to check it out too whenever you feel secure releasing it hehe, or i can privatly check it out, my bards around 35 right now (woohoo!) so i could check the progress of this in lower levels too, seems like it will do a bigger impact on lower levels, but I wonder, how did you get it to work when you need to keep track on other npcs running at you and other npcs hitting your pet (cant let it die) sounds confusing, but congrats on even writting it! I cant wait to check it out!

Charm Kiting : 27-70 Bard Mad XP (Uniquipped) (Macro request included)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back