• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Characters doing their own thing (1 Viewer)

str8monkey

RedCents
276¢
It's been awhile since I've played and I just started trying to set things back up. Big problem I am having is my characters going rogue. I log in the warrior and cleric both in PoTranquility. I type /bcaa //end I started setting up mule on the cleric, without actually starting it. I look over at the warrior and he's decided to use warlord's tenacity and furious. While I'm on him, I look back at the cleric and he's casting group heals. Keep in mind, nothing is turned on, I just /end when I logged in

The characters aren't doing things if they're on my main screen. Only when I'm tabbed on someone else. Last night the enchanter would start tashing or mezzing.

It's been awhile since I've played and I just started trying to set things back up. Big problem I am having is my characters going rogue. I log in the warrior and cleric both in PoTranquility. I type /bcaa //end I started setting up mule on the cleric, without actually starting it. I look over at the warrior and he's decided to use warlord's tenacity and furious. While I'm on him, I look back at the cleric and he's casting group heals. Keep in mind, nothing is turned on, I just /end when I logged in

The characters aren't doing things if they're on my main screen. Only when I'm tabbed on someone else. Last night the enchanter would start tashing or mezzing.
are you getting messages in your mq2 window that something is making them cast?

or is it possible you have some hotkeys that are broadcasting or getting duplicated over to your other instances?

What are you using for your automation? Sounds like you are actually using a plugin for the automation, and doing a /end will not do anything for a plugin.

If you are using the CWTN Plugins for War and Cleric then you need to Pause them or unload them for the toons to just sit and do nothing.

One of the most import buttons you will ever need is the EVERYBODY CHILL button.
I use (And recommend) mq2boxr because it handles all the different types of automation and very easy to setup.

I think I figured out the problem. With ISboxer loaded, the broadcast button off, it's a little buggy. It shows it off but it's still broadcasting some key strokes. So, things are being broadcasted. If I toggle it a couple times instead of assuming it's off, it seems to fix the problem.
As far as what I'm running it's just KA and Mule atm.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to check out mq2boxr now

Ah, that used to happen to me. It's the difference between using the "No buttons" profile and then "Some buttons" profile or something like that.

Problem - Characters doing their own thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back