• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Character Transfer (1 Viewer)

funnybone

RedCents
My roomate had an account he got from playerauctions with 1 character on it. He got it last year around July 2005. He wanted to transfer it from The Rathe Server to Prexus to play with friends. His own account had characters on Test but you cant transfer and he didn't want to start over . Anyway he changed the billing but the account had the Promotional 1 year $99 activation that is due to end in April '06. He has changed the billing info and password. He tried to move the account when he first got it but was denied. He is now playing WoW due to this so i would like to move the character over so i can use it. How can i go about moving the character over without any unforseeable problems.??

Just learn to BS and hope you get a gullible CS rep.

By rule SOE will not transfer accounts that have changed hands.. ever.

SOme even have problems if say.. a friend paid for your account at the beginning but you have paid for 5 years. Just think up some scenarios and hope your acting is good enough.

There has to be a way. Not changing accounts , the account billing information has been changed but the account itself. It is the origina. Password has been changed.

I'll agree with Crypto on this. The standard response if you are not the original owner with original CC information is "No".

I have read reports of folks social engineering stories and getting accounts transferred however I had no success when I wanted to transfer a bought character.

Tell them you're a brother/sister/child/parent/spouse of whoever the original owner was and want to move the character.

Try and get as much info as you can about the original owner: possibly an email address they may have used initially, address or at least city/town they lived it that sort of thing.

The more creditable you sound the easier time you'll have of ot but their policy is thatt they will facilitate family relationships for things they normally will not allow

From the handbook. The Accounts Billing MUST Match the billing on the account to be transfered to. So, In otherwords til you get the CC's matching on both accounts there will be no transfer. Unless, of course you get lucky and/or presistant enough to waste 2 hours in tech chat everyday til you get it moved. I've also seen persistance pay off with SoE keep tring. I got an account back after being denied over 7 times by diffrent reps. Finally I got it back. If you can't get billing changed... then persistance is the key.

I got an account second hand and wanted a name change. I didn't have any of the original info or anything, the only thing I did was change the billing info and let it go through a complete billing cycle. I went to the site and jumped throught the hoops for a name change. It took awhile to acctually happen but it did with no questions asked and I haven't been banned or flagged that I know of. I know name changes are different then transfers but they are still done by the same people. Thought this info would help.

There is two pages you can update your registration info at, one on the sony store page and one that you get to from the subscription page. If you use the store page one....it doesn't update the curent email address, but if you use the subscription one it sends you the 'updated' registration email.

https://login.station.sony.com/login...hpad/index.jsp

https://login.station.sony.com/login...my_account.jsp

I have also been told that soe looks back 3 billing periods, but this also has and has not worked for some people but definitely worth a try if its something you need to do.

I was given an account about a year ago from a friend that quit EQ. I changed the information on it to match my other accounts, and after a few months I decided to try and switch characters over to the new one since it had 7 years on the Vet aa's. I got the standard reply that the ORIGINAL owner was not me.

So I wrote back and explained that the previous owner was my ex-girlfriend (it was originally registered by my friends mother), and that I had no idea of her credit card number etc. I also said that it was me playing the characters the whole time and that until recently I didn't realize this would cause such a problem.

Well SoE changed everything on the account and it now even reflects my email as the original owner, and all previous purchases in the store also show my email. I have since done a server transfer also without a hitch.

I did notice that if you have 3 accounts (for example), you MUST have the EXACT same credit card on all three or even if the original emails match on them it will get kicked back.

weird. ive moved several characters, with out issue at all that were not originally mine. I just simply changed everything on the account to reflect my current billing and paid the normal fees.

If yall find an answer to this plz let me know. I have been getting the run arround by both soe and the GM's in the game about it. They bot tell me to talk to the other one. I am starting to get a little pissed with them.

Character Transfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back