• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Chaotic or Regular Mez, Which do you prefer. (1 Viewer)

Gekko

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
4,554¢
Hi all,

I did a quick search and I didn’t see any compare and contrast between the enchanter chaotic line and regular mez.

On the surface, chaotic gives a casting buff and is shorter duration. Regular mez is longer duration and chance of mem blur. I was curious if anyone has noticed any difference in resist rate between the two spell lines and overall which spell line do you prefer and why do you prefer it?

Thanks for the feedback.

Be well. Happy First Day of the 2022 NFL season.

Chaotic Puzzlement (118) and Addle (117) should both have the same resistance rate. They both have a resist check of -10 Magic.

So which is more important to you?
Shorter duration mez, but twincast 2 spells or longer duration mez and slightly less mana used?

I chose Chaotic for single target. I rarely need mobs parked for a long time.
If the tank can handle 2 mobs, then I typically stick to only using AE mez for 3+.

I chose Chaotic for single target. I rarely need mobs parked for a long time.
If the tank can handle 2 mobs, then I typically stick to only using AE mez for 3+.
I'm both super lazy and, for the same reason do not require mobs parked for a long time, use ONLY AE mezes... they are both effective and serve their purpose all the while never having to change targets to mez... *shrug*

Something to note as well... GLANCE(.4s/42s) will mez YOU occasionally (so just make sure you have cures for that as needed) lol... while the WAVE mezes (2s Cast/54s+1s Cast/12s) does not...

Just my two [red] cents.

Last edited:
Question - Chaotic or Regular Mez, Which do you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back