• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

caster Pling ideas/macros (1 Viewer)

[email protected]

RedCents
Is there any Macros/tasks etc to pl a mage, am at about lvl 35 with a 70 clr pling (using both reverse Ds's) is going alright but looking for the best/fastest method. Thanks for the feedback in advance

70 Druid using highest level DS plus shaman alchemy made DS potion. Have the druid pull 4 mobs at a time, have the mage cast a low level targeted AE to do minimal dmg, and have the druid chain sit using a macro. The DS will eat the mobs down quickly. Veksar or DL would be a good place to start at level 35.

SK is probably the best PLer because of Dreadgaze (massive AOE aggro spell), you can pull like 50 level 30 mobs get off one Dreadgaze, then cleric can cast elixir on SK and even regular heals if need be. (the only way you can die is if you lagg out)

Key is have SK wield a non weapon in primary (bare hands is no good). Wand of Impercibility is decent, left Eye of Xygoz is best, because you dont want ripostes killing mobs.

Mage only has to cast a few small AOEs to make sure he hits all the mobs.

Then mage casts DS on the SK and have SK cast SKinspikes potion, their Cloak spell and any other stackable DS they might have. Don't DS too early or the mage will not get the xp.

Remember /hidecorpse all is your friend.

It should be faster than cleric DS method since that depends on you hitting a mob, while regular DS method you let the mobs hit you. :)

You can do the same thing if you can only play 2 characters at a time, with cleric pulling the train (just smaller one) hitting a few fast remedies (for aggro) before mobs reach you and then have mage cast a few small Point Blank aoes (fire flux the level 1 spells is fine) at camp.

Biggest problem with SK method is that you need nice corners to channel off the Dreadgaze.

Still it is extremely fast, for example if City of Mist is empty you can pull some impressive trains, think it took only a few hours to go from 35 to 50. Just don't do it when a zone is busy.

the cleric ds method relies on the mobs hitting you, not you hitting the mob. the reverse ds counts as if the person that the mob hits did the damage.

But cleric would have to hit each mob with reverse DS, it is good on big boss type of mobs but would be a bit too much of a pain to do when PLing.

I should have been more clear: by hit I mean hit with a reverse DS spell.

Then again, if one had a macro written for cleric bot to cycle through mobs near you and hit with reverse DS then it would be a nice extra punch. :)

If your SK is well geared you will level VERY fast

I used an SK to PL

At level 30ish I went to CoM and pulled 10-15+ mobs with DS going. With the Baby toon at max casting distance, I cycled through all the mobs and nuked. (map a cycle through buttong on your keyboard).Once all the targets were hit I started sitting with the SK. If I pulled too many I just tapped and killed the odd mob to stay alive. I never healed with another toon just tap if low on health. At the low levels you can get almost 1 level per pull. in the 40's you can get 40% a pull. this is without lessons.

Pulling strat is this. I pull most mobs with single target hate spell. Some mobs will add as I path by. Once i reach camp (backed into a corner) I use Dreadgaze (ae hate, and cast it everytime it refreshes). That is enough to keep aggro for sure. Make sure as noted above to use a non weapon so you do not kill the mobs on a ripost.

I have a map with all the camps, where to pull mobs from and where to park your baby toon that I use but have no way to link it to this post. If you want it let me know and i can email it to you or i can email it to someone that can post it. The camp spot at stables is right on top of a mob so make sure to kill that one and time the spwan so your Baby does not get eaten up. Once you get the hang of this strat use the other 3 camps instead of stable. more mobs and easier to pull

Hope this helps
I have found this to be the Best PL xp from 30ish to late 40's

Last edited:
Distillate of Skinspikes IX

I've been using these on my SK aswell. An extra 50 point DS on top of my druid DS and the SK DS. 130 point DS so far. Just have to farm SSRA for the Exceptional Shissar Blood (If you actually make the potions).

There is a version you can make from vendor purchased items, but it isn't as strong. the X version is 55. Each level below X is 5 less points on the DS.

I've found veksar to be the best experience up to 60, highborns con dark blue to level 70's. You could also try WoS, but I don't know how good that would work they hit really hard. If you have the cleric, sk, and mage on different accounts then do this. Load up the cleric, sk, and mage and bring them all to WoS. Then group the mage with the SK and just leave your mage AFK while the SK rips through mobs with the cleric healing outside of group.

I used to bring my druid when he was level 50 to WoS and have a guildie rip through mobs while I healed him and experience was insane, with double xp I got 1 orange for 4 kills which is just nasty at level 50.

Goodluck.

caster Pling ideas/macros

Users who are viewing this thread

Back