• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Caster group better then melee? (1 Viewer)

nezstor

RedCents
746¢
I stumbled upon this thread:
"Bottom line is, all pure melee (Berserker, Monk, Rogue) need a serious buff to catch back up to casters/hybrids."

They are talking mostly about raiding in the thread.
I myself usually use melee characters, but would be nice to hear others opinions.

lol... lol.. lol... rogues dont need a catch up at all.. nasty buggers... raiding, be necros, druids, mages, rogues, rangers, monks... since you play groups, its a different ballgame...

The age old topic. It depends on how you play the toon and how well equipped you are. Comparing apples to oranges. In the end you have each class that can only max a certain potential based on gear and skill. 99.99% of players will never play a perfect toon no matter how hard you try. The only difference between a well played toon and a poorly played toon in the end is the goal of killing the mob you intend to kill. Might take a little longer, but with the same results.

Its a bit of a silly debate really. We think we want balance, but do we really? What would be the point if all characters were identical?

I am perfectly fine with Necro DPS being vastly different to Berzerker DPS.

I would like to see Wizards get tweaked a little more because the only limit to a Wizards DPS should be their mana pool. They should be superior damage to Mages/Necro in terms of raw damage output - TOL has certainly improved the wizard DPS, but I think Mages are leading the caster dps race at the moment.

PS - Whats a Monk?

I am playing two groups. First is a caster group Tank, CC, Healer, Necro, Necro, Necro. This group is able to do most content except for raids (have not gotten big enought yet). The thing is that I can setup the different Necro's to do different things. Like one to handle undead, another handles mob (fear and dots), the other one to add different dots and slows. With an SK I have 4 pets to add to the DPS. Note: This group is fun to play but takes a bit of set up with spells.

Second: is Melee. its Tank, Tank, Tank, Healer, CC, Buffer. The first tank is warrior, second is Berserker, and third is Paladin. I know that there are other tanks I can choose but wanted to see how these work. Note: This is also a fun group to play if you just want to run in and kill things.

Both groups are around level 75ish. So far damage output is about the same. It just depends on where I want to go and what I want to accomplish. Also I am trying to learn what and how they work. So its a learning process.

Zeb

I am playing two groups. First is a caster group Tank, CC, Healer, Necro, Necro, Necro. This group is able to do most content except for raids (have not gotten big enought yet). The thing is that I can setup the different Necro's to do different things. Like one to handle undead, another handles mob (fear and dots), the other one to add different dots and slows. With an SK I have 4 pets to add to the DPS. Note: This group is fun to play but takes a bit of set up with spells.

Second: is Melee. its Tank, Tank, Tank, Healer, CC, Buffer. The first tank is warrior, second is Berserker, and third is Paladin. I know that there are other tanks I can choose but wanted to see how these work. Note: This is also a fun group to play if you just want to run in and kill things.

Both groups are around level 75ish. So far damage output is about the same. It just depends on where I want to go and what I want to accomplish. Also I am trying to learn what and how they work. So its a learning process.

Zeb
Just a note berserkers are not tanks ;)

Caster groups are fantastic...specially if you drive with a tank because there's less moving parts. Also, less of a chance right now with all the snoops reporting shit of calling you out. just stagger you assist to 99, 95, 93 so your pets go in at different times to make it look like you're alt+tabbing.

Also mages rules!

Discussion - Caster group better then melee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back