• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Can't See Target (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,030¢
Hey all,

Anyone else run into this recently? My group will be grinding along fine, and then all of a sudden they'll pull a mob that nobody can hit. It just gives the message You Can't See Your Target even when it's right in front of everyone. I can relog a toon, whatever, same deal. Can't do anything to damage it, it has to kill itself on thorns over like 30 minutes.

Has anyone else run into this before? Hasn't been a problem for me until the last few days. Super annoying.

Hey all,

Anyone else run into this recently? My group will be grinding along fine, and then all of a sudden they'll pull a mob that nobody can hit. It just gives the message You Can't See Your Target even when it's right in front of everyone. I can relog a toon, whatever, same deal. Can't do anything to damage it, it has to kill itself on thorns over like 30 minutes.

Has anyone else run into this before? Hasn't been a problem for me until the last few days. Super annoying.
Yes this is an everquest problem mobs will sometimes be under the world.

Sometimes you need to move a good distance so they move and come out of the ground

This is entirely an EQ server connection issue, either the zone is out of sync with the server, or you are out of sync with the zone, this is an occurance that happens enough to be annoying as heck.

on your side you can turn of your internet and computer for 10 minutes to see if it fixes any connectivity issues.

This is a common occurence.. Why hasn't anybody made some code to detect this or is it not possible to detect the "you can't hit this" or whatever it says in the chat log? Then have MT run out a few yards see if its fixed, pick a different direction try again if not. rinse repeat?

Just curious because this seems very very frequent and grinds the whole thing to a halt. When bugged mobs get to 1% they gate then everybody sits there doing nothing and won't pull anymore.

This is a common occurence.. Why hasn't anybody made some code to detect this or is it not possible to detect the "you can't hit this" or whatever it says in the chat log? Then have MT run out a few yards see if its fixed, pick a different direction try again if not. rinse repeat?

Just curious because this seems very very frequent and grinds the whole thing to a halt. When bugged mobs get to 1% they gate then everybody sits there doing nothing and won't pull anymore.
having a universal solution for this is tough.

take a raid mob like shei - sometimes you'll have this bug with that mob and you can only fix it by zoning out and back in, the mob is rooted in place so no amount of moving around would fix it

zfix-you-cannot-see-your-target-fixer

Problem - Can't See Target

Users who are viewing this thread

Back