• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Can't get past the Update screen (1 Viewer)

Jinx

RedCents
Anyone ever have a problem getting past the Update screen? I have been playing on this PC for 3 years np. Now today I can't get past the Update screen. The Update button isn't switching to Play.

sht down eq. Shu off the PC. Wait about 10 seconds the start the PC again. Start MQ2 then EQ you should be fine, happened to me a few times now.

Some of my guildies were having the same problem. What you need to do is DL the LoN installer from the LoN website, then run that. Apparently there's a problem with the LoN files not allowing you to play EQ. So, after you run the LoN patcher by itself, run the EQ patcher and that should work.

Was also not able to get past the launch screen. It would say download complete, but UPDATED would never change over to PLAY.

I went to LoN and downloaded that. It also said download complete but would not switch from UPDATING to PLAY. I re-booted and then re-downloaded LoN and it did switch to PLAY. I started messing around with the tutorial for abit, then logged out and tried to start EQ. Still would not switch to PLAY after downloading was complete :~(

I re-booted and tried again with no sucess. I'm doing a full scan atm.

Anyone have any ideas?

Peace,
Aces

The files you need are in lon they are ruleindex.dat and rulestorage.dat

Copy those into your LON directory under sony/everquest/legendsofnorath/data/archetypes

the ones on the everquest patcher are corrupted so you need to patch the LON stand alone game.

The problem is in none of the expansions. I run three machines with Everquest ... 2 desktops and one laptop. My two desktops worked just fine and my laptop had the same problem as the rest of the people. Here is what I did to fix my lap top and alternately my sons desktop.

I copied the folder

c:\program files\sony\Legends of Norrath\data\archetypes\

from desktop (main machine) to LAPTOP

E:\Everquest\LegendsOfNorrath\data\archetypes

This solved my problems ... did the same thing to my sons desktop and it works now ..

I hope this helps ...
below should be a rar file and a zip file for your convience

Heard alot of people having this problem i had it once, i just let it sit there and 100% while it said Updating for a while and eventually it went to play

I was having similar problems too after a patch a couple of weeks ago. What fixed it for me was right clicking on the eq launch icon and selecting "Run as Administrator".

Can't get past the Update screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back